Donahoe the master poker player....

exactly WHAT is the "can't miss" deal that TD has missed that leads anyone to believe he has "failed" today???????  LT friggin' shelton?  give me a break.

315598[/snapback]

Agreed. TH has no leverage whatsoever. Who cares if he's not traded...he's a valuable insurance policy in case WM goes down. Don't believe for a minute that he'll holdout in a contract year...that would be career suicide and would cost him major $ which he'll never recoup. He came crawling back to the Bills last year with his hand out because he squandered what little money he had. He can't afford to holdout...he's broke. If the genius had managed his affairs correctly, he'd be an UFA right now.

exactly WHAT is the "can't miss" deal that TD has missed that leads anyone to believe he has "failed" today???????  LT friggin' shelton?  give me a break.

315598[/snapback]

that was my battle cry over at the Draft thread.

I feel that if Arizona, a very crappy team, didn't want LJS, why the hell should we???

i follow the Cardinals living here in AZ. believe me, there would be no tears shed over the loss of LJS.

No, after LJ Shelton and Kenyatta Walker are cut June 1 and can be had for free.  We do not have a hole at backup RB now and we have options.  $3million a year for Shelton to backup is too much

315593[/snapback]

Well said Sir! :D

that was my battle cry over at the Draft thread.

I feel that if Arizona, a very crappy team, didn't want LJS, why the hell should we???

i follow the Cardinals living here in AZ. believe me, there would be no tears shed over the loss of LJS.

315803[/snapback]

Exactly...If Shelton was all that, The Bills and TD would have been all over Him (for Henry) like a Bum on a Boloney Sammich... :w00t:

Does anyone think the Bills would not jump at a LT they believe would be a quality Starter??? Come on Folks, as of this moment The Bills have Jason Peters and Trey Teague 1 and 2 on the LT Depth Chart... If the Bills thought Shelton was capable...at all...or at the very least if they thought he was worth $3 million a Year...He'd be a Buffalo Bill at this moment... :D

Does his UNDESERVED reputation finally take a hit after he is stuck still holding Henry?

315585[/snapback]

No. The key to poker is being able to not have people being able to call your bluff while at the same time not get caught chipping into a pot you have no business in. Denny Green knows he was not bluffing for he did not take the lesser deal and Travis Henry and his agent know that as well.

Donahoe plays it more like Chess than Poker (this is from someone who was once rated a Master in chess and beat a grandmaster once and made his living playing poker in college). He thinks on multiple levels, he does feignts where he threatens a piece to make opponent react, he is willing to sacrafise pawns (Hemry) and rooks (Bledsoe) to obtain a win and he does not try to go with one strategy but a bundle of them keep the strategy close to the vest.

He has weaknesses - he really does not know kickers, he can use UDFA better than he can 6th and 7th round picks, he makes decisions and then switching in mid stream giving his impression that his word is not his bond and sometimes it appears he fails to communicate his decisions to those who are already on his 'out' list but his draft 'bluffing' and judging is very, very good. His absolute worst decision was Gregg Williams and I think it was because GW was so prepared it made TD think he was like himself in that manner.

Donahoe plays it more like Chess than Poker (this is from someone who was once rated a Master in chess and beat a grandmaster once and made his living playing poker in college).  He thinks on multiple levels, he does feignts where he threatens a piece to make opponent react, he is willing to sacrafise pawns (Hemry) and rooks (Bledsoe) to obtain a win and he does not try to go with one strategy but a bundle of them keep the strategy close to the vest.

315811[/snapback]

Bravo, sir! A masterful explanation. Many thanks.

The original poster is one of the new completely negative voices here at the wall. Not much fun to read, since everything's a bummer for him. I try to avoid his stuff, but sometimes I slip.

Exactly...If Shelton was all that, The Bills and TD would have been all over Him (for Henry) like a Bum on a Boloney Sammich...  :w00t:

Does anyone think the Bills would not jump at a LT they believe would be a quality Starter??? Come on Folks, as of this moment The Bills have Jason Peters and Trey Teague 1 and 2 on the LT Depth Chart... If the Bills thought Shelton was capable...at all...or at the very least if they thought he was worth $3 million a Year...He'd be a Buffalo Bill at this moment... :D

315809[/snapback]

hey, I like baloney sandwhiches

:lol:

Nope.  He didn't get the deal he wanted, so nothing happened.  It's what he's been saying all along.

315589[/snapback]

You can't always get what you want but if you try sometimes, ya just might find, you get what you neeeeeeeed, yeah, yeah, yeah.

He's the boss man so I will defer but for my money, I would have been satisfied getting what we need, a left tackle, even if it meant not getting what I wanted, a left tackle plus whatever.

I'm not defending TD because we won't know what we have on the field until the fall, concerning our 2nd and 3rd round pick. Still, I defer to people who are capable of mistakes yet still actually know WTF they are talking about most of the time. Opinions of posters are based mostly on Draft guides and little to no actual knowledge. Not impressed whatsoever.

I was surprised as anyone with the Parrish pick. Wasn't high on OT Adam Terry of Syracuse at all, since film showed he was very slow and mechanical,according to several scouts. DT Attaj Hawthorne got busted for weed and his work ethic was reportedly poor. Baas,Spencer and most other attractive options on the OL were long gone.

As of now, Teague moves to LT and the high IQ Tucker remains at Center, where he played well when filling in for Teague. Losman is mobile and tends to roll to his right, so the blindside pressure won't be as much a concern as it would with Bledsoe. Teague is fair at best in both the run and pass but Willis tends to run sweeps to the right behind Mike Williams and the TE, so I'm not in any panic whatsoever.

The Everett pick tells me Euhus is behind in his rehab and some concern is justified. I saw an interview with Campbell, who is ahead in his recovery and will be ready for camp.

I had a feeling the Bills wouldn't draft a DT early when TD and Modrak both stated the DT position was basically a 3 man rotation, with Anderson replacing Williams.

Not taking a CB early may have been a small surprise but maybe that can be spun into a positive. Nate may get a legit contract offer from TD and stay. Unfortunately, it may be at the expense of Moulds. His cap number in 2006 is 9-10 Mil and he'll be 34. Parrish wasn't just picked to replace Josh Reed.

Still some talent to be selected today.

Does his UNDESERVED reputation finally take a hit after he is stuck still holding Henry?

315585[/snapback]

contrary to popular opinion, TD did want shelton........hence, the reason he was pushing for the swap of 2nd's AND shelton right up till yesterday........he should have swallowed his pride and forgot about the swap, but his ego is too big for that so it never happened....it's unfortunate, but it's TD...........green got tired of the games and moved on, just like the eagles and bucs did.....now we're stuck with a malcontent at RB and no legit LT.........

if henry is traded, we don't get any help this year......

if henry stays, we have a locker room cancer (or no RB at all if he stays home).......

and i would not be shocked at all to see shelton traded elsewhere or kept in zona for spite.........i don't think green wants to see him land in buffalo after all that BS he had to put up with.........

TD got played, but like always, many around here think he handled it perfectly.......

No one offered a third rounder for TH. Why should we just give him away?

315854[/snapback]

1) i don't believe that since the end of the season no one has offered at least a 3rd for henry.......

2) i would have been happy with shelton......the swap of 2nd's didn't mean much and shouldn't have been a dealbreaker......a comprimise could have been found (ala the surtain trade).......

The 2006 Draft is supposedly much stronger at OT, especially LT. This draft couldn't have been any weaker at LT.

I have zero actual knowledge of Shelton and can only go from what scouting reports I've read, not posters opinions. The actual conversations and ratings of Shelton are known only to OBD and other teams front offices. He carries a 3 Mil salary which does sound like a bargain. But what about actual talent ? Plus he may be cut anyhow, much like Kenyatta Walker in Tampa. Could sign him on the cheap. I'm willing to sit and wait.

The Henry saga is far from over.

With apologies to G. Host - I simply couldn't resist. :w00t:

Donahoe plays it more like Chest than Piker (this is from someone who was once rated a MasterBater in chest and beat a grandmother once and made his living playing piker in college). He thinks on multiple levels, he faints when threading his piece to make opponents react, he is willing to sacrifice prawns (Hairy) and immobile castles (Bledsoe) to obtain a success and he does not try to go with one strategy but a bundle of them keep the onlookers puzzled while maintaining the real strategy – keeping his job by pleasing his boss- close to the vest.

He has weaknesses - he really does not know kickers (the damnable JESTS got Nuge – oh fug!), he can use UDFA better than he can 6th and 7th round picks (this does not portent well for entering Day Two of the Draft), he makes decisions and then switching in mid stream giving the impression that his word is not his bond and sometimes it appears he fails to communicate his decisions to those who are already on his 'out' list (Which comes to mind first - Travis Brown or perhaps a High School Beauty Queen with six invitations to the same Prom?) but his draft 'bluffing' and judging is very, very good. (Or, he’s simply a contrarian sociopath. We may never know the truth.)

“His absolute worst decision was Gregg Williams and I think it was because GW was so prepared it made TD think he was like himself in that manner.” G. Host

My nomination for Quote of the Year. :D

Hey - it's been too long of an offseason. Screw the Draft. Who really thought we'd be getting any help from there this year anyway? MiniCamps are coming! Let footballs fill the air.

Go Bills!