Ooooh Burn...Jordan Poyer credits Barkley for his NFL career

Even a tight, "family" locker room full of alpha males still features Grade A Ball Bustin' 

Bills Today | Why Jordan Poyer credits Matt Barkley for his NFL career (buffalobills.com)

Why Jordan Poyer credits Matt Barkley for his NFL career

Jordan Poyer was an accomplished two-sport star in college at Oregon State in football and baseball. In fact, Poyer was a 42nd round draft choice of the Florida Marlins in 2009. But the Bills safety points to a seminal moment in his college athletic career where he decided if he was going to be a professional athlete it was going to be in football.

Poyer had an interception return for a touchdown in a night game against USC, and it was then that he determined that football would be his professional path.

What many didn't realize is that his current teammate, QB Matt Barkley, was the USC quarterback who threw him the interception.

And more than once, Poyer has told Barkley jokingly that he deserves a lot of credit for his professional football career.

"I've brought it up to him yes," Poyer confirmed. "Actually we got drafted to Philly together. So, I was in Philadelphia with him. And I brought it up to him there I'm always bringing it up to him telling him, 'Hey, you're the reason why I'm here.' That feeling (on that interception) was pretty good and I appreciate it."

Poyer still marvels at how his professional path with Barkley has crossed more than once in their respective careers and he's grateful for it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

I have a friend that was going bald, you might say prematurely, I would ask him from time to time if he got his hair cut that way on purpose... still makes me laugh when I think about it... 😂

• Haha (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

I have a friend that was going bald, you might say prematurely, I would ask him from time to time if he got his hair cut that way on purpose... still makes me laugh when I think about it... 😂

OUCH!!!

Just now, Kwai San said:

OUCH!!!

He is just as merciless as me, 

I had a pulmonary embolism yeas ago, and I gained a bit of weight during recovery from it, he looked at me and said stuffs gonna start orbiting you if you get any bigger... 😂

• Haha (+1) 5

Don, you know Pluto is not a planet anymore per my scientific source (the Big Bang theory).  Ball busting is an art form amongst good friends.  Difference between guys and girls.  Not one better than the other, but my closest friends would bust ba..s, and if not mean spirited would always laugh it off.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

I had a pulmonary embolism yeas ago, and I gained a bit of weight during recovery from it, he looked at me and said stuffs gonna start orbiting you if you get any bigger... 😂

WOW!  Hate to say it but I laughed!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

That's a true friend....

Reminds me of the quote: A good friend will come and bail you out of jail, but a best friend will be sitting next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun' 

• Like (+1) 5

6 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Don, you know Pluto is not a planet anymore per my scientific source (the Big Bang theory).  Ball busting is an art form amongst good friends.  Difference between guys and girls.  Not one better than the other, but my closest friends would bust ba..s, and if not mean spirited would always laugh it off.

"Hey Fatty!  How much you weigh?  He's lying..." 🤣

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

"Hey Fatty!  How much you weigh?  He's lying..." 🤣

In that Christmas themed Bills clip players get asked which player they'd give as a present and they all say Isiah McKenzie because he's the one that would fit in the box.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Kwai San said:

WOW!  Hate to say it but I laughed!!!

Hell, I don’t blame you, I laughed when he said it, 😁

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Warcodered said:

In that Christmas themed Bills clip players get asked which player they'd give as a present and they all say Isiah McKenzie because he's the one that would fit in the box.

Boy players are cheap. Just buy a bigger box and mail Winters back to Gase in NY NJ.