Wonderlic Scores

While I am not a Wonderlic guru....

Donahoe seems enamored with players who are cognitively impaired.

Out of about 600 players taking the test Parrish finished with one of the ten worst scores.

Gee... I wonder who the Bills veteran will be sending to look for the "free turkey" during their annual Thanksgiving rookie prank?

Our two picks have a cumulative Wonderlic of 22. That's just slightly below the number you'd like just for a TE taking the test all on his lonesome.

my take on this is that if they were so stupid, they couldn't have played college ball. You know, they wouldn't remember any plays or where their assignments were, etc. In reality, it is just another crap shoot that guys like Kiper use to become draft gurus. Likewise, I assume that some of the TSW regulars are equally as challenged, judging from the posts they put up.

Either way, it makes for interesting entertainment.

Do we want a genius or a playmaker? I would rather have a guy who when he touches the ball, can break it for a touchdown. Parrish can do that already and scouts say Everett could be a great TE which is what you are asking for in the third round.

Does the wonderlic score really matter for these positions?

While I am not a Wonderlic guru....

Donahoe seems enamored with players who are cognitively impaired.

Out of about 600 players taking the test Parrish finished with one of the ten worst scores.

315460[/snapback]

He likes playing "Let's Make a Deal" with dimwits.

It helps keeping us under the salary cap. :D

:rolleyes:

At least Jason Peters has someone to sit with and talk to on the short yellow bus now that Henry will be leaving soon.

315936[/snapback]

What an image! You are assuming, of course, that all three are capable of FINDING the bus!

OL & QB are about the only positions where Wonderlic scores matter.

315496[/snapback]

I couldn't compile a list of intellectually challenged positions without including TE. OC is another, in that case we appear to have done well. Inside LB and SS, or the players making your defensive calls, there's no question in my mind it's significant.

OL & QB are about the only positions where Wonderlic scores matter.

315496[/snapback]

Tell that to the Patriots. When they held the Indy offense to 3 points last year in the playoffs, it wasn't because they had the most athletically taleneted defense in the league. Far from it. It was because players like Tedy Bruschi had learned Belichick's complex defense, and also knew quite a bit about Indy's offense. Chris Spielman was the same way when he was here.

A WR who lacks football intelligence won't recognize the blitz, and won't adjust his route. That's what happened to Pittsburgh in their most recent Super Bowl. Neil O'Donnell threw two INTs, and both were because the receiver failed to adjust his route for the blitz. Had it not been for those INTs, the Cowboys might have lost. Just as they should have lost the last three times they went there. :rolleyes:

Tell that to the Patriots. When they held the Indy offense to 3 points last year in the playoffs, it wasn't because they had the most athletically taleneted defense in the league. Far from it. It was because players like Tedy Bruschi had learned Belichick's complex defense, and also knew quite a bit about Indy's offense. Chris Spielman was the same way when he was here.

A WR who lacks football intelligence won't recognize the blitz, and won't adjust his route. That's what happened to Pittsburgh in their most recent Super Bowl. Neil O'Donnell threw two INTs, and both were because the receiver failed to adjust his route for the blitz. Had it not been for those INTs, the Cowboys might have lost. Just as they should have lost the last three times they went there.  :rolleyes:

316407[/snapback]

The good news about our divisional rival is they took a moron with a 15 Wonderlic at CB yesterday- the bad news is he's still smarter than the two lunkheads we picked up.