Josh Allen one of only two QBs this season with 80 QBR against both man and zone coverage

Logic

2 hours ago, cage said:

...and the OL.  Basically it speaks to everyone but Allen.  He'd be a crappy QB without all of them

I think Allen is a very good QB with a lot of room and willingness to improve, but having a good Rating aganist diferents coverages sepeaks a lot about play desing and how good he was teached

5 hours ago, K-9 said:

That’s as much a testament to Allen’s receivers as it is to Allen himself. 

Agreed...it is a team sport, after all. But it does say quite a bit about Josh, also. He has clearly improved in every facet of his game including:

• Reading defenses
  • Going through his progressions
  • Accuracy
  • Setting up receivers for YAC
  • Decision making
  • Much less ‘hero ball’
  • Long ball

I suspect there’s more that others can add to the list but that’s a good start. 😃 

There is zero doubt in my mind that we have our franchise QB. Now all I want is that he thinks along the lines of TB and takes a little off the next contract to ensure he’s surrounded by other offensive weapons. Wishful thinking? Probably...but a guy can hope. 

2 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Agreed...it is a team sport, after all. But it does say quite a bit about Josh, also. He has clearly improved in every facet of his game including:

• Reading defenses
  • Going through his progressions
  • Accuracy
  • Setting up receivers for YAC
  • Decision making
  • Much less ‘hero ball’
  • Long ball

I suspect there’s more that others can add to the list but that’s a good start. 😃 

There is zero doubt in my mind that we have our franchise QB. Now all I want is that he thinks along the lines of TB and takes a little off the next contract to ensure he’s surrounded by other offensive weapons. Wishful thinking? Probably...but a guy can hope. 

Just so I’m clear, did you read any part of my comment as a criticism of Allen? Because nothing can be further about how I feel about Josh’s maturation and command of this offense. My only point was that he has a group of receivers who are adept at recognizing coverages both pre and post snap. 

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Just so I’m clear, did you read any part of my comment as a criticism of Allen? Because nothing can be further about how I feel about Josh’s maturation and command of this offense. My only point was that he has a group of receivers who are adept at recognizing coverages both pre and post snap. 

No, not at all! I agreed but was also trying to make the point that he has indeed improved across many aspects of his game so it’s not all on the weapons...it’s a combination. 

Apologies if I came across poorly...wasn’t my intent. 

Edited by TroutDog
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

No, not at all! I agreed but was also trying to make the point that he has indeed improved across many aspects of his game so it’s not all on the weapons...it’s a combination. 

Apologies if I came across poorly...wasn’t my intent. 

No worries. You came across just fine. I was worried that perhaps I hadn’t. :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1