Were Democrats sore losers after the 2016 election?

Westside

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I really don’t care which corrupt self serving party won, but 2016 was literally a mirror image of the losing party not accepting the outcome. 

Some exceperts from the pretty neutral Wikipedia: 

Following the announcement of Trump's election, large protests broke out across the United States with some continuing for several days.[541][542][543][544]

Protesters have held up a number of different signs and chanted various shouts including "Not my president" and "We don't accept the president-elect."[545][541] The movement organized on Twitterunder the hashtags #Antitrump and #NotMyPresident.[546][547]

High school and college students walked out of classes to protest.[548] At a few protests fires were lit, flags and other items were burned and people yelled derogatory remarks about Trump. Rioters also broke glass at certain locations.[549][550] Celebrities such as Madonna, Cher, and Lady Gaga took part in New York.[551][552][553] Some protesters took to blocking freeways in Los Angeles, San Diego, and Portland, Oregon, and were dispersed by police in the early hours of the morning.[554][555] In a number of cities, protesters were dispersed with rubber bullets, pepper spray and bean-bags fired by police.[556][557][558] In New York City, calls were made to continue the protests over the coming days after the election.[559] Los Angeles mayor Eric Garcetti expressed understanding of the protests and praised those who peacefully wanted to make their voices heard.[560]

After the election, computer scientists, including J. Alex Halderman, the director of the University of Michigan Center for Computer Security and Society, urged the Clinton campaign to request an election recount in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania (three swing states where Trump had won narrowly) 

Stein filed for a recount in Wisconsin on November 25,[570] after which Clinton campaign general counsel Marc Elias said their campaign would join Stein's recount efforts in that state and possibly others "in order to ensure the process proceeds in a manner that is fair to all sides."[384][571] Stein subsequently filed for a recount in Pennsylvania on November 28,[572] and in Michigan on November 30.[573] Concurrently, American Delta Party/Reform Party presidential candidate Rocky De La Fuente sought and was granted a partial recount in Nevada that was unrelated to Stein's efforts.[386]

Electoral College lobbying

Intense lobbying (in one case involving claims of harassment and death threats)[584] and grass-rootscampaigns were directed at various GOP electors of the United States Electoral College[585] to convince a sufficient number of them (37) to not vote for Trump, thus precluding a Trump presidency.[586]Members of the Electoral College themselves started a campaign for other members to "vote their conscience for the good of America" in accordance with Alexander Hamilton's Federalist Paper No. 68.[587][588][589][590] Former candidate Lawrence Lessig and attorney Laurence Tribe established The Electors Trust on December 5 under the aegis of Equal Citizens to provide pro bono legal counsel as well as a secure communications platform for members of the Electoral College who were considering a vote of conscience against Trump.[591]

3 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Where are those clear facts that she challenged his election results?

She emphasized there was no legal recourse to challenge the election results several times.

She did support a review of how those in the Trump campaign circle may have coordinated on those DNC email releases with Russia. Basically Stone's role with Don Jr.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/18/hillary-clinton-trump-challenge-2016-election-legitimacy-242848

I mean I pulled the cited stuff and posted above. But don’t believe it, I don’t care. All these politicians are corrupt and are willing to do anything for the power. Believe what you want. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

5 minutes ago, daz28 said:

The guy says if Russia calls(which they did) he would listen.  Then Russia calls, Don Jr says I'd love to hear it.  That's game, set, match right there.  When I opened the vault, there was no money in it, so I'm not a bank robber was their claim.  

And just think - this is all the ***** they admitted they did and would do on national television. There are piles of ***** that you actually have to read that contain a plethora of other damning evidence. Of course this completely excludes Trump doing it all a second time by asking Russia-lite to do it again to Biden. And of course, we're supposed to take the guy on his word (the time he said he didn't do it, but not on the time he said he would I guess), who was found guilty of running a scam college and embezzling funds from a fake charity WHILE IN OFFICE.

https://www.npr.org/2019/09/25/764164340/trump-asked-ukrainian-president-for-a-favor-on-biden-doj-says-no-charges
https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/03/31/522199535/judge-approves-25-million-settlement-of-trump-university-lawsuit
https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2017/06/06/how-donald-trump-shifted-kids-cancer-charity-money-into-his-business/?sh=458d19c96b4a

10 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I mean I pulled the cited stuff and posted above. But don’t believe it, I don’t care. All these politicians are corrupt and are willing to do anything for the power. Believe what you want. 

Tell me if you see a difference between this: The campaign is grateful to all those who have expended time and effort to investigate various claims of abnormalities and irregularities. While that effort has not, in our view, resulted in evidence of manipulation of results, now that a recount is underway, we believe we have an obligation to the more than 64 million Americans who cast ballots for Hillary Clinton to participate in ongoing proceedings to ensure that an accurate vote count will be reported.

...and what Trump is doing???  Keep in mind, one lost by having 2 million more votes, and the other lost by having 5 million less votes.  

30 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Fair enough I did not follow that Jill Stein green party efforts to have recounts done and now see that Hillary supported that effort.

Very political to hide behind some other org doing the dirty work.

Sounds like they all fizzled out in court, but concede your argument that this happens from both sides.

Well played sir. That was a sound rebuttal.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Clinton conceded the next day. Obama had Trump to the White House 2 days after the election. 

And Clinton’s loss was closer than this one. 

Dems lost their minds. The leaders did the tight thing and put country first. Through gritted teeth. But they did it. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

And just think - this is all the ***** they admitted they did and would do on national television. There are piles of ***** that you actually have to read that contain a plethora of other damning evidence. Of course this completely excludes Trump doing it all a second time by asking Russia-lite to do it again to Biden. And of course, we're supposed to take the guy on his word (the time he said he didn't do it, but not on the time he said he would I guess), who was found guilty of running a scam college and embezzling funds from a fake charity WHILE IN OFFICE.

https://www.npr.org/2019/09/25/764164340/trump-asked-ukrainian-president-for-a-favor-on-biden-doj-says-no-charges
https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/03/31/522199535/judge-approves-25-million-settlement-of-trump-university-lawsuit
https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2017/06/06/how-donald-trump-shifted-kids-cancer-charity-money-into-his-business/?sh=458d19c96b4a

The Trump administration has been warned that shredding documents is a CRIME.  I hope anyone who follows orders to do so is thrown in prison for a LONG time.  Who's overseeing that Rudy????????????

1 minute ago, WideNine said:

Fair enough I did not follow for that Jill Stein green party efforts to have recounts done and now see that Hillary supported that effort.

Very political to hide behind some other org doing the dirty work.

Sounds like they all fizzled out in court, but concede your argument that this happens from both sides.

Well played sir. That was a sound rebuttal.

It was far from mirror image though.  FARRR from

7 minutes ago, daz28 said:

The Trump administration has been warned that shredding documents is a CRIME.  I hope anyone who follows orders to do so is thrown in prison for a LONG time.  Who's overseeing that Rudy????????????

It was far from mirror image though.  FARRR from

Yeah, as far as the messaging from the Clinton campaign itself, but there were riots and a great deal of protests.

Either way, let the recount efforts play out and see where it all leads. There is a deadline to certification that they will have to honor.

As they had to wrap up objections in 2016.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Clinton conceded the next day. Obama had Trump to the White House 2 days after the election. 

And Clinton’s loss was closer than this one. 

Dems lost their minds. The leaders did the tight thing and put country first. Through gritted teeth. But they did it. 

I keep hearing about putting the country first, did the left put the country first the past four years? No, they went on a witch hunt. Damn the country, the left has no ethical grounds to tell the right to put the country first.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Tell me if you see a difference between this: The campaign is grateful to all those who have expended time and effort to investigate various claims of abnormalities and irregularities. While that effort has not, in our view, resulted in evidence of manipulation of results, now that a recount is underway, we believe we have an obligation to the more than 64 million Americans who cast ballots for Hillary Clinton to participate in ongoing proceedings to ensure that an accurate vote count will be reported.

...and what Trump is doing???  Keep in mind, one lost by having 2 million more votes, and the other lost by having 5 million less votes.  

Clinton campaign general counsel Marc Elias said their campaign would join Stein's recount

....filed for a recount in Pennsylvania on November 28,[572] and in Michigan on November 30.[573]

Intense lobbying (in one case involving claims of harassment and death threats)[584] and grass-rootscampaigns were directed at various GOP electors of the United States Electoral College[585] to convince a sufficient number of them (37) to not vote for Trump, thus precluding a Trump presidency.

———————-_

Gosh just read the two things above and dates. Different tactics, both deplorable and denigrating to democracy, same objective. 

Again ffs denying Clinton challenged the election Vigorously is a lie. She reneged her concession. Trump and hilly were either both right or both wrong, but they did the same thing. Trumps just being more overtly belligerent about it true to form. 

The guy lost but he’s going to try everything he can to make it untrue, just like Clinton. This is why I can’t stand political parties. People love all objectivity 

• Like (+1) 2

Yeah, as far as the messaging from the Clinton campaign itself, but there were riots and a great deal of protests.

Either way, let the recount efforts play out and see where it all leads. There is a deadline to certification that they will have to honor.

You're right.  I'm just upset that they're dragging the country through the mud to make money, and create a bigger martyr/demigod.  People have short attention spans, so this too shall pass.  

Recounts are irrelevant in this election. Trump needs a recount to find over 60,000 missing ballots in two separate states that all voted for him.

2 minutes ago, westside2 said:

I keep hearing about putting the country first, did the left put the country first the past four years? No, they went on a witch hunt. Damn the country, the left has no ethical grounds to tell the right to put the country first.

Shut the ***** up. You've been provided a mountain of evidence. The least you could do is try to comprehend it.

The clown was ***** impeached.

1 minute ago, daz28 said:

You're right.  I'm just upset that they're dragging the country through the mud to make money, and create a bigger martyr/demigod.  People have short attention spans, so this too shall pass.  

The left dragged the country through the mud the last four years!!  Talk about having short attention spans!!

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Gosh just read the two things above and dates. Different tactics, both deplorable and denigrating to democracy, same objective. 

Again ffs denying Clinton challenged the election Vigorously is a lie. Trump and hilly were either both right or both wrong, but they did the same thing. Trumps just being more overtly belligerent about it true to form. 

It's not the same thing to want a recount conceding you have seen no fraud, and to claim widespread fraud while the election is still live.  Sorry, it's not.

2 minutes ago, daz28 said:

It's not the same thing to want a recount conceding you have seen no fraud, and to claim widespread fraud while the election is still live.  Sorry, it's not.

Ok- I’m sure if the parties were reversed your opinion would differ. But ok. And death threats and harassment to the electorate is ok right? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

Recounts are irrelevant in this election. Trump needs a recount to find over 60,000 missing ballots in two separate states that all voted for him.

Shut the ***** up. You've been provided a mountain of evidence. The least you could do is try to comprehend it.

The clown was ***** impeached.

LOL, sounds like your triggered nancy. You've provided no evidence cop killer. Just the same bull#### tactics you've used the past four years.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, BullBuchanan said:

You are right.

As I mentioned in another post recounts are betting on a horse that does not come in...regardless of which side pushes for them.

They will fill the GOP coffers because it is always a golden opportunity to fleece the emotions and dollars of those whose candidate lost.

1 minute ago, westside2 said:

The left dragged the country through the mud the last four years!!  Talk about having short attention spans!!

If there's any documents left unshredded we shall find out.  If you recall(attention span) Trump defied a literal **** ton of legal subpoenas.  They can also call these people to Congress w/o any made up executive privileges.  If 3 years from now we hear nothing, I won't cry DEEP STATE, but I'll accept it.

Just now, westside2 said:

LOL, sounds like your triggered nancy. You've provided no evidence cop killer. Just the same bull#### tactics you've used the past four years.

As much as I hate Biden, I'm gonna love watching your tears for the next 8 years. Putin's puppet is finally ousted and Trumpism is done forever. You and your treasonous friends will have to find a new elite to crotchsniff.

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Ok- I’m sure if the parties were reversed your opinion would differ. But ok. And death threats and harassment to the electorate is ok right? 

You'd be wrong.  I'm simply showing you that one is NOT equal to the other, and I'm not wrong.  No need to bait n switch either, because I can throw in that Trump said unfounded that there were 2 million illegal votes, which even though his own administration proved it wrong, he refused to accept it.  Unlike Trump, I'm hoping you and I can accept facts.

4 minutes ago, westside2 said:

Bro, just cuz you won't accept proof doesn't mean it's not proof.  You dismiss Don's "I'd love it", but you relish over Hillary emails.  You simply are purposely putting on blinders.  Can you look me straight in the eye, and say you believe Don Jr. was REALLY trying to home Russian kids????????????  Is that what he loved?  Are Russian kids the same as dirt?   You're in complete denial.  

9 minutes ago, daz28 said:

You'd be wrong.  I'm simply showing you that one is NOT equal to the other, and I'm not wrong.  No need to bait n switch either, because I can throw in that Trump said unfounded that there were 2 million illegal votes, which even though his own administration proved it wrong, he refused to accept it.  Unlike Trump, I'm hoping you and I can accept facts.

yeah Trump lying isn’t new. I’m merely asserting challenging election outcomes is the norm and both parties not only do it, but that’ll keep escalating too. 

What Those that ally themselves to one party miss here is I’m not saying one is right. I’m saying both are wrong and it’s a trend that’s going to continue to get worse.

Our two party system is garbage and it’s broken. 

10 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

As much as I hate Biden, I'm gonna love watching your tears for the next 8 years. Putin's puppet is finally ousted and Trumpism is done forever. You and your treasonous friends will have to find a new elite to crotchsniff.

If I redacted the politician names I’d say you sort of come across more like the trump types I hear about here.

Joe Biden for 8 years? Bro he’s 77. And hate Biden? Hate? What’s up with some people 

• Like (+1) 1