I'm thinking of a person

4merper4mer

1 minute ago, PastaJoe said:

No, but he was made an Officer of the Order of the British Empire. The characters were in three different movie series, not all in one.

I have no idea of that honor.  The first guy I thought of may be in the running yet but I really only think of him has being the primary character in a long running movie series.

So since you started this thread, I have been running a line from a Kinks song through my head.  I am a big Kinks fan.  So if it is not this guy, I think it is someone like him.

Here is the line.

"If you covered him with garbage
George Sanders would still have style"

4 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

I have no idea of that honor.  The first guy I thought of may be in the running yet but I really only think of him has being the primary character in a long running movie series.

So since you started this thread, I have been running a line from a Kinks song through my head.  I am a big Kinks fan.  So if it is not this guy, I think it is someone like him.

Here is the line.

"If you covered him with garbage
George Sanders would still have style"

Not George. This person also starred a couple of times as a character who has been on tv since the 60’s until now.

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

Alex Guiness

No, but they appeared in a popular movie together.

3 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

Not George. This person also starred a couple of times as a character who has been on tv since the 60’s until now.

I see a face but can't recall his name.  It may not be him.  Taking a break to let the sub-conscience work on it.

The game is better with more players.

23 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

No, but they appeared in a popular movie together.

Did this guy play a German Nazi in one or more movies?

If you substitute this guys middle initial into a quadratic equation to solve for the value of x does it result in the first digit of the house number he grew up in ?  If you change four letters of the street of his youth and add 23 more letters can you get the opening line of a movie made in 1962 about the geopolitical underpinnings of Eastern Europe before the war?  Asking for a friend.

22 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Did this guy play a German Nazi in one or more movies?

Not sure, but he would have been a fit. Two of his roles he played in multiple movies were German characters.

15 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Was the character since the 60's a voice-over part?

No, live action. The tv character has been played by many actors over the years.

11 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

If you substitute this guys middle initial into a quadratic equation to solve for the value of x does it result in the first digit of the house number he grew up in ?  If you change four letters of the street of his youth and add 23 more letters can you get the opening line of a movie made in 1962 about the geopolitical underpinnings of Eastern Europe before the war?  Asking for a friend.

I can’t say. His role as a doctor could probably bring life to the answers.

35 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

Not sure, but he would have been a fit. Two of his roles he played in multiple movies were German characters.

No, live action. The tv character has been played by many actors over the years.

I can’t say. His role as a doctor could probably bring life to the answers.

I believe I know who it is.  Your clues have been sneakily good. 

So I will ask, I think most don't think of him as an English actor?

11 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

I believe I know who it is.  Your clues have been sneakily good. 

So I will ask, I think most don't think of him as an English actor?

He’s from England and has an English accent, so I would think most people would say he was an English actor.

8 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

He’s from England and has an English accent, so I would think most people would say he was an English actor.

I never thought of him as English.  I thought of him as Not American.   Maybe the parts he played made me think he was not English.

BTW, you give great clues, I really like them.  I had to go back to see if you were the one giving clues for "Girl, dead" about 10 pages back.  When I asked if she was American

you answered North American.  I racked my brain for a half hour thinking Canadian or Mexican.  I did Canadian first and couldn't come up with a single thought. Thought about Mexican for 10 seconds and figured I know no one.  So I started thinking North American could mean before America, and that lead to only two possibilities.  I didn't feel like giving clues so I asked "Native American" to make sure I had it correct.  The subtlety of "North American" was just so good.   Same with this person but maybe a little less subtle.

Edited by Greybeard
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.