Draft Thread

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems to be the case.  All of the teams that were rumored to be in the TH sweepstakes drafted a RB.

315159[/snapback]

"drafting a RB" vs. "acquiring a proven 1300 yd/yr. pro-bowl caliber RB" are two different things.

making assumptions and suppositions at this point is premature.

patience, people. patience.

So someone who doesn't test well in a test primarily consisting of abstract puzzle solving is not smart enough to run the right route?

That's quite a leap.  I don't care what any other team has done, but I'd rather have a guy that can make plays over one who can solve insignificant riddles in an insignificant test.  When guys get yardage based on points in tests I'll change my opinion, but as long as the game is a game of emotion and physical ability, I'll tend to discount mental acuity - especially in a player who's not asked to QB the offense.

315129[/snapback]

The game is one of emotion and physical ability, but it's also one of intelligence. The smarter your players, the more complex you can make your scheme. Neil O'Donnell threw two interceptions in the Super Bowl. Both were because O'Donnell recognized the blitz, and threw the ball to where the WR should have been had he adjusted his route for the blitz. In both cases, the WR ran his normal route, allowing a Dallas defender to make the interception.

And they'll probably draft some Tight End with an IQ of 4 from SW Alabama A&M Tech.

315208[/snapback]

:w00t:

Seriously, I think I know you from a previous life (a life in Buffalo). Does your last name start with a P? And/or is your first name Joe?

I had to ask.  All of your posts today are exactly what a buddy of mine back in Buffalo would say.

Back on topic, Hawthorne is still there.  I say we snag him.

315236[/snapback]

Well, I'm genetically conditioned to expect the worst from this organization.

People pick on the Jets for their draft ineptitude, but I have to think the Bills are a very close second for poor personnel decisions.

People pick on the Jets for their draft ineptitude, but I have to think the Bills are a very close second for poor personnel decisions.

315239[/snapback]

no way this is a good draft

315239[/snapback]

Yeah. Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed, Eric Moulds, Jim Kelly, Will Wolford, Bruce Smith, Willis McGahee, Lee Evans, Shane Conlan, Nate Odomes, on and on... yeah, we've really disappointed our fans the way the Jets have over the years. :w00t:

Yeah.  Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed, Eric Moulds, Jim Kelly, Will Wolford, Bruce Smith, Willis McGahee, Lee Evans, Shane Conlan, Nate Odomes, on and on... yeah, we've really disappointed our fans the way the Jets have over the years.  :w00t:

315260[/snapback]

How's it gone since then? We've traded for RJ, drafted the likes of Erik Flowers, Josh Reed, etc...

And before that bunch, it wasn't all that hot either.