Bills -2.5. Chiefs -21.5

stevestojan

2 hours ago, High Football IQ said:

Very telling that the Bills are essentially getting the home points in this game against a team that has loss 3 in a row (2 blowout losses) and were just steamrolled by a very mediorce team at home.

Vegas always knows and I dread whats coming on Sunday.

Vegas does indeed know. But they know next to nothing about football.

And everything about how people bet football.

Edited by Thurman#1

4 hours ago, stevestojan said:

Bills are home so that would normally give you 3 points. But Covid, so not sure if that gives you much. The Jets area awful, but TWENTY ONE (and a half) points? 

discuss.  

Vegas is only giving 1.5-2 pts this year for home field due to COVID 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Is -21.5 the biggest spread ever?  I'd be betting the Jets all day long.  

Think the Broncos had the biggest spread ever over the Jaguars a few years back, something like 28 points. The Jags covered but it was still a big loss. 

4 hours ago, High Football IQ said:

Vegas always knows and I dread whats coming on Sunday.

First, Vegas is simply trying to get even money on the games so they can be assured a decent profit regardless of outcome. They are not in the business of picking winners and losers.

But to your larger point, until proven otherwise I will always take the Pats side against the Bills and just hope I 'm wrong.

I expect a tough game regardless of team records. 

4 hours ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Is -21.5 the biggest spread ever?  I'd be betting the Jets all day long.  

I believe just last year in the same week both Miami and the Jets were around 21 point dogs to the Cowboys and Patriots respectively. I think one covered and one did not. I believe the Jets ended up covering off of a couple garbage time Stidham turnovers. 

I wouldn't touch that Chiefs-Jets game. I could see the Chiefs covering but at the same time if they call off the dogs then I could see a meaningless Jets TD for a back door cover. I would take the Bills minus 2.5. NE doesn't have the talent this year. Bill can't make chicken salad out of chicken ****. It won't be a blowout but I expect the Bills to win. 6-2 overall 4-0 division.