College 2020 Week 8

Mark Vader

Wow, Penn St/Indiana just ended.  Indiana wins on 2 pt conversion in OT.  I'm sure Penn St fans will forever argue he was short.  Looked like the tip of the ball may have just barely crossed the goal line before it hit out of bounds but too close to say for certain IMO.  Good game and good finish nonetheless. 

4 minutes ago, Talley56 said:

Wow, Penn St/Indiana just ended.  Indiana wins on 2 pt conversion in OT.  I'm sure Penn St fans will forever argue he was short.  Too close to call IMO.  But a good game and good finish nonetheless.

Being a Penn State alum I will say he was short.  Having said that,  Penn State made too many mistakes.  They don't have a run game outside of Clifford.  Defensively they committed too many stupid penalties.  Turnovers and the kicking game killed them as well.

6 minutes ago, Talley56 said:

Wow, Penn St/Indiana just ended.  Indiana wins on 2 pt conversion in OT.  I'm sure Penn St fans will forever argue he was short.  Looked like the tip of the ball may have just barely crossed the goal line before it hit out of bounds but too close to say for certain IMO.  Good game and good finish nonetheless. 

I thought it was hard to tell with the view that we had... but would be hard to overturn the call on the field 

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

I was not expecting 5 touchdowns from Michigan in the first half.

Granted, one was a defensive touchdown, but so far, I like what I see.

Michigan looked good.  

35 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Wyoming down 6-28 late 3rd.

half way through the 4th and it's tied 28-28.

And Wyoming tied it up at 31 with 28 sec left.  Freshman kicker who wasn't expected to play.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

And Wyoming tied it up at 31 with 28 sec left.  Freshman kicker who wasn't expected to play.

I think the announcers were right they should of only used the one timeout to ice him and let him think they might do it again.

Rookie kicker has ice in his veins.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1

Impressive win for Michigan in a fairly big game, and on the road too.

Joe Milton looked very poised and in control. Defense gave up long drives, but really stepped up in the second half. Good job by their unknown, smurf WR's.

GO BLUE!!!

San Jose State beat Air Force! Rece Davis got his Super Dog pick!

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Biggest surprise has to be Rutgers over Sparty?

Not Indiana over Penn State?

I get what you mean, but both of these teams are a mystery. I don't know what they bring to the table this season.

Yes, Rutgers has been horrible and with the Spartans having 7 turnovers, the Scarlet Knights only won by 11.

It is a surprise, but I think the Spartans are going to be unimpressive for awhile.

Now I just jinxed myself, knowing that we play them next week.

19 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Not Indiana over Penn State?

I get what you mean, but both of these teams are a mystery. I don't know what they bring to the table this season.

Yes, Rutgers has been horrible and with the Spartans having 7 turnovers, the Scarlet Knights only won by 11.

It is a surprise, but I think the Spartans are going to be unimpressive for awhile.

Now I just jinxed myself, knowing that we play them next week.

I think the penn state game was a surprise but IU has a very talented QB and good coach, an established program for a school that hasn’t had that prior to Tom Allen. The game seemed to be a bit flukey in terms of psu mistakes ... tough to play a conference game right out of the gate for all of these teams. Usually you get 1 or 2 cupcake warm ups before you hit the real schedule. I was surprised bit also think psu will look much different next week and going forward if they can curb the penalties and turnovers. 

With Rutgers I really never even expect a pulse. I don’t think Sparty will be good this year but I expected them to play teams tough with their new coach.. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think the penn state game was a surprise but IU has a very talented QB and good coach, an established program for a school that hasn’t had that prior to Tom Allen. The game seemed to be a bit flukey in terms of psu mistakes ... tough to play a conference game right out of the gate for all of these teams. Usually you get 1 or 2 cupcake warm ups before you hit the real schedule. I was surprised bit also think psu will look much different next week and going forward if they can curb the penalties and turnovers. 

With Rutgers I really never even expect a pulse. I don’t think Sparty will be good this year but I expected them to play teams tough with their new coach.. 

True, first games of the season can be odd. Teams haven't played in a long time and there will be rust, hence having a cupcake game does help.

It also doesn't mean that everything we saw yesterday is an indicator of how the rest of the season will go.

Penn State will have a big chip on their shoulder next week, as will Michigan State. I also don't think that Minnesota is going to lose many more games the way they did last night.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.