Another Positive Out Of Yesterday - Rush Defense

H2o

Prior to this  game we got gashed the last two weeks by lesser RB's than Josh Jacobs. RB's like Brieda(MIA), Myles Gaskin(MIA), and Darrell Henderson(LAR) made us look like a JV squad out there. Yesterday the Raiders' rushing attack had 23 carries for 86 yards in total for a 3.7 ypc clip. Jacobs himself had 15 carries for 48 yards at a 3.2 ypc average. It was a quality outing against one of the better RB's in the league. It was nice to see considering we were coming off of giving up almost 170 yards to the Rams on a 5.2 ypc average and 100 yards to the Dolphins on a 4.5 ypc average. 

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 1

Also the reason why the pass rush wasn't there. Buffalo usually allows their DL to penetrate on any given down. There was a more concerted effort, from what i saw, to keep those guys home this week in order to prevent gaps from widening. I think it came at a cost though.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, HoofHearted said:

Also the reason why the pass rush wasn't there. Buffalo usually allows their DL to penetrate on any given down. There was a more concerted effort, from what i saw, to keep those guys home this week in order to prevent gaps from widening. I think it came at a cost though.

Sounds reasonable.  Would also explain why our pass rushers were getting more heat on Carr at the end, during the obvious passing portion of the game.  

unlike the Rams D-backle, our D started winning the arm wrestle as the game wore down.  That was good to see.