Would ya?

\GoBillsInDallas/

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I remember I was sitting at the bar waiting for her....she was running late.  I see this girl walk in and we make eye contact, I look away thinking it wasn't her.  Then she walks up to me and says "Matt?".  I almost said "nope, wrong guy".  I didn't even recognize her because her photos were about 10 years old and she was much skinnier.  

Brutal! 

3 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Been there a few times.  I never understand the logic.  Do they assume that the other party is a fat liar too? Do they assume no one will notice?  Or are they even dumber and think that once someone gets to know them a little bit over a drink they'll fall in love with their fat personality?

I shake my head too.  Then I see their profiles back on the app with the same photos so they'll just keep repeating the rejection.

10 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Been there a few times.  I never understand the logic.  Do they assume that the other party is a fat liar too? Do they assume no one will notice?  Or are they even dumber and think that once someone gets to know them a little bit over a drink they'll fall in love with their fat personality?

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I shake my head too.  Then I see their profiles back on the app with the same photos so they'll just keep repeating the rejection.

I was on Match for a year and anyone with any kind of filter was an immediate "now way," for me.  I actually never once connected with anyone on their and that was the extent of my online dating attempts.

4 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I saw a study on on-line dating.  They found that people who do not hide their perceived flaws on their dating profile ultimately are more successful.  The conclusion was that if people see those flaws up front and they aren’t dealbreakers, then the relationship has a chance.  Hiding flaws only expands your dating pool by adding people that will reject you when they see them.  Plus there’s the possibility of looking dishonest.  Seems to make sense. 

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

I saw a study on on-line dating.  They found that people who do not hide their perceived flaws on their dating profile ultimately are more successful.  The conclusion was that if people see those flaws up front and they aren’t dealbreakers, then the relationship has a chance.  Hiding flaws only expands your dating pool by adding people that will reject you when they see them.  Plus there’s the possibility of looking dishonest.  Seems to make sense. 

Makes perfect sense.