tomur67

Website "Yardbarker" has the Bills's defense ranked 3d tn the NFL!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, first_and_ten said:

If Ravens have a top 2 defense, they should be favored to win the Superbowl

They should be... they kinda choked in the playoffs against Tenn.  3 turnovers and 0/4 on 4th downs.  4 TDs with drive starts at the Baltimore 35, Baltimore 45, Baltimore 20, and the Tenn 19.  So 3 times Tenn started in baltimore territory, scored on all 3.  The other time Henry broke off a big one.  Even with Henry going for almost 200 yards, Baltimore still had greater TOP.  

Chiefs vs Ravens is an interesting matchup tho since stopping the ravens run game is so challenging.  Buffalo did well with LJ last time, but the offense was pretty bad for the majority of the game.  Tons of sacks, tons of incompletions, and a fumble that gave them a short field. Between the fumble, and the missed coverage on the long passing TD... that was pretty much the difference.  Buffalo has a good pass defense, but if Mahomes can successfully buy time it would be a problem.  

Edited by dneveu
  • Like (+1) 2

Outside of agreeing with the list, I’m very happy the #1 defense last year (yes the Pats) is not on there as they lost before the opt outs 3 of their starters, so now with Chung and Hightower gone, I don’t even see them being a top 15 defense.

You can get as he was interviewed after the lockout season Belicheat went back to the 4-3, and his reasoning was its easier to install.

• Like (+1) 1

The Steelers are going to miss Hargrove a lot not sure I would rank them above the Bills. I would rank the Ravens and possibly Niners above the Bills maybe one or two others you could argue. But certainly a firm top 5 defense. 

21 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

The Steelers are going to miss Hargrove a lot not sure I would rank them above the Bills. I would rank the Ravens and possibly Niners above the Bills maybe one or two others you could argue. But certainly a firm top 5 defense. 

The Steelers will certainly be in the mix as a top 5 D. Splitting hairs between a few of those top defenses but the Steelers are absolutely in that group. 

Just now, GunnerBill said:

The Steelers will certainly be in the mix as a top 5 D. Splitting hairs between a few of those top defenses but the Steelers are absolutely in that group. 

Top 10 certainly top 5 likely but I think Hargrove was their best player last season and he will be missed a lot. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Top 10 certainly top 5 likely but I think Hargrove was their best player last season and he will be missed a lot. 

Odd that all of that top 5 lost a key run defender. Steelers-Hargrave, Bills-Lotulei, Ravens-Pierce, 49ers-Buckner. Vikings-Joseph.

The Vikings lost a ton of guys, Xavier Rhodes, Trae Wayne's, Mackenzie Alexander were 3 starting CBs along with Joseph, Sendejo, Weatherley and very likely Griffin. Zimmer has been good but that's a big turnover on D.

Edited by Seoulofstone