Bengals and Burrow agree on 4 yr 36.1 million deal

Greg S

3 hours ago, H2o said:

We'll see how their OL pans out, the TE position is a question mark, and their RB situation after Mixon is a bit murky. They did have a solid draft all the way around imo though. If Tee Higgins turns into a solid contributor, and they can ever get something consistent out of Ross, then the WR depth chart looks really good. I like what the rookie Khalid Kareem brings off of the edge on that defense, but I'm also a Notre Dame homer. I also like the two LB's they drafted in Wilson and Davis-Gaither. I think Davis-Gaither is gonna be an impact player for them out of the gate. Adding Reader to play with Atkins was HUGE for that defensive front. They might surprise some people this year. My thinking on Brown though is how will he handle things long term and if he will do what is necessary to get the best team around Burrow. 

The Bengals are at least a year away if not two from doing anything even if Burrow pans out. They have some skill position talent assuming AJ Green stays but their O-line despite heavy draft and free agent investment has been a mess for years. Their defense has some talent but their secondary is very shaky. I think they need another good draft and 2-3 more starting free agent adds before they have enough talent around Burrow and have a better than average defense. 

What is also concerning about the Bengals is coaching and ownership. Everyone knows Brown is a bad owner and Zac Taylor hasn't shown much or have a very proven track record even as an assistant coach. I think even if they get good talent and Burrow is the real deal do they have a coach that can put it together? Because we already know they have a handicap in a cheap owner which is already hard enough. Regardless I see the Bengals winning 4-6 games this year (if they play a full 16 games), a significant improvement from 2-14 but not exactly catching anyone off guard.

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You aren’t that smart are you?  In a 6 page thread (6 pages - what outrage!!!), I posted that it’s a joke fans are fine with drafting Mixon yet fake Captain Americas lose their mind over a guy protesting.  

so to recap, women beater = 6 pages, zero snowflakes threatening to quit watching.  Silent protest = 100 page threads, a million temper tantrums to quit watching the nfl. 

They didn’t win a game.  Not sure what the point is.  In 2015, they might have been the best team in the nfl and Dalton got hurt, 

CB: Where was the outrage about Joe Mixon??

FC: Here’s a thread about Joe Mixon with several posters saying they would never draft him because of the terrible stuff he did.

CB: Yeah but KAEPERNICK!

It’s the saddest canary who only has one song to sing.

Edited by FireChans
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You aren’t that smart are you?  In a 6 page thread (6 pages - what outrage!!!), I posted that it’s a joke fans are fine with drafting Mixon yet fake Captain Americas lose their mind over a guy protesting.  

so to recap, women beater = 6 pages, zero snowflakes threatening to quit watching.  Silent protest = 100 page threads, a million temper tantrums to quit watching the nfl. 

They didn’t win a game.  Not sure what the point is.  In 2015, they might have been the best team in the nfl and Dalton got hurt, 

The point is, they were good enough to get to the playoffs, and that's about all you would get from the Bengals.

2 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

And what was their playoff record during those years?

I wish we were as unsuccessful during that same time.  

Side note:  Hey Mark, man, I hope all is well with you!  I haven't notice as many of your post but maybe it is just my attention span.

Be safe!

2 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I wish we were as unsuccessful during that same time.  

Side note:  Hey Mark, man, I hope all is well with you!  I haven't notice as many of your post but maybe it is just my attention span.

Be safe!

I get your point, yet I tend to wonder how Bills fans would feel about that.

Yes, the playoff drought and all of those 7-9 & 8-8 seasons were a nightmare, but would the fans have been alright with consistently making the playoffs and always being one and done?

Side note response: Thanks dollars, I have still been posting, just not a lot. I've been fine, and hope you are doing well also. Just waiting for the season to get underway.

I can't wait to start posting my movie threads again. :(

Take care. GO BILLS!!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

I get your point, yet I tend to wonder how Bills fans would feel about that.

Yes, the playoff drought and all of those 7-9 & 8-8 seasons were a nightmare, but would the fans have been alright with consistently making the playoffs and always being one and done?

Side note response: Thanks dollars, I have still been posting, just not a lot. I've been fine, and hope you are doing well also. Just waiting for the season to get underway.

I can't wait to start posting my movie threads again. :(

Take care. GO BILLS!!!

Please, Mark, honestly man...it’s summer and I miss movies so much.  

I also miss the days when we would just all go back and forth on football.

Someday, again.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1