Bears trade TE Adam Shaheen to Miami

Unlikely he makes much of an impact, but good luck to him for 14 games this year.  As for adding him here, it’s crowded already and full of POTENTIAL, which just means they haven’t done ***** yet.  Knox has the ability to be a top 5 TE, can he put it together? I sure hope so.  Kroft has had a season where he looked like a legit starter, so you have hope there.  Sweeney did well in limited action and let’s not forget Pegula Jr has some receiving ability, if he can stay on the field.   Smith is a guarantee for 20 yards a game, in penalties.  He should be cut/ never should have been signed.. again.. 

11 hours ago, fallen627 said:

I'm kind of surprised by this take with two promising rookies and Kroft set for a potential bounceback year. I really don't have anything else to add here. It's just interesting to see such a different perspective. 

Two question mark 2nd year players and a guy who has struggled to stay healthy is the alternative perspective. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Two question mark 2nd year players and a guy who has struggled to stay healthy is the alternative perspective. 

That's one perspective, but Shaheen's not even a question mark.  He's a bust.

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

That's one perspective, but Shaheen's not even a question mark.  He's a bust.

What has that got to do with my post or the post I responded to? 

I don't disagree either. He is a bust. I never liked him coming out. He was a 4th rounder on my board. I had a higher grade on Dawson Knox in 2019 than I had on Shaheen in 2017. I am not for bringing him in. It doesn't change the fact that looking at our tight end group it is currently at best "unproven" and I say that as a Knox fan and more of a Kroft fan than most. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

What has that got to do with my post or the post I responded to? 

I don't disagree either. He is a bust. I never liked him coming out. He was a 4th rounder on my board. I had a higher grade on Dawson Knox in 2019 than I had on Shaheen in 2017. I am not for bringing him in. It doesn't change the fact that looking at our tight end group it is currently at best "unproven" and I say that as a Knox fan and more of a Kroft fan than most. 

The post you responded to was a response to a post saying trading for him would have been a good move.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

The post you responded to was a response to a post saying trading for him would have been a good move.

But I clearly wasn't responding to that point. I clearly responded to the poster's interpretation of our current tight end room... saying it was a matter of perspectives. 

EDIT: As I say I agree with you on the player. I would take a flier on him if he had been released as a bit of competition in camp but I wouldn't have thrown a draft pick at him. The only TE rumoured to have been on the market I'd throw a pick at is Njoku.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1