Trump's railing about schools reopening, so might as well talk about it

On 7/25/2020 at 3:17 PM, Reality Check said:

You can't get blood from a stone my friend.

Too much destruction to the tax base on the horizon.

Sending someone a bill these days doesn't mean it will get paid.

The people with the means will leave and take their money with them.

?

On 7/23/2020 at 7:22 AM, Reality Check said:

Please please please never reopen the schools.

If there ever was a time to break apart the teachers unions, it is now.

The savings in taxes would be amazing.

Besides, it's not like we have jobs waiting for these kids anymore after school.

We have China for that.

?

On 7/12/2020 at 8:13 PM, Reality Check said:

The obvious solution is to stay home for the next 36 months and collect welfare...

No big deal...

The American people need to forget about working and living and just obey the government orders of the day...

Simple...

In 3 years we can leave our properties and everything will be great...

?

1 hour ago, Reality Check said:

?

So, Reality check, employed by the Putin Committee to re elect trump,  joined this site 9 months ago and spends his time trolling anti Trump posters.

Reality Check is a Rhino clone likely, rarely posts just comments. Nice work if you can get it.

?????????????????????????????

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/15/2020 at 10:34 PM, Koko78 said:

I'm ok with this, so long as they're paying the teachers 3/5 of their salaries and benefits.

Did you go to work every day during in March and April of this year?  Courts were closed, right?  So there wasn’t one work form

home day for you? Hope you gave a rebate to the county. 

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

So, Reality check, employed by the Putin Committee to re elect trump,  joined this site 9 months ago and spends his time trolling anti Trump posters.

Reality Check is a Rhino clone likely, rarely posts just comments. Nice work if you can get it.

?????????????????????????????

You just described the lefty trolls on PPP.  No substance, just trash. Hey, keep up the good work!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Posting this because school started.

We postponed 10 days from a planned "hybrid model" in favor of full Distance Learning through September 11th.

School started one week ago. Since then I've had 1 student email me that she and her Mom have Covid. Another student emailed me that he's quarantined because his Dad has Covid.

These are unprompted emails. I didn't ask them to inform me. These students wanted to let me know in case they fall behind.

I have 100% of students with DL access after a week of reaching out to make sure.

Being a good online teacher is an arduous task.

Any teacher who tells you it's easy isn't doing it right.

I'd rather be back in the classroom full time, but it's not safe right now for students, students' families or teachers in many, many places around the country.

Good luck - educated people know it’s not an easy task - teaching in the classroom or remote.

The ones that will bash you couldn’t spend one day in your shoes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Did you go to work every day during in March and April of this year?  Courts were closed, right?  So there wasn’t one work form

home day for you? Hope you gave a rebate to the county. 

Aww, look at you making a laughably false equivalence.

32 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Aww, look at you making a laughably false equivalence.

So no rebate.  Did the ol’ “work from home” and then didn’t give the county the money back.  But the teachers can’t render instruction remotely and get paid for it.  Makes perfect sense!  

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

So no rebate.  Did the ol’ “work from home” and then didn’t give the county the money back.  But the teachers can’t render instruction remotely and get paid for it.  Makes perfect sense!  

What month is this, chuckles?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Koko78 said:

What month is this, chuckles?

August, Clark.  When was your last jury trial?  Probably still doing virtual appearances.  Let me guess, got the Zoom mullet thing going on.  Business on top, shorts and sneakers on the bottom.  Yet the teachers shouldn’t get paid.  Makes. Perfect. Sense. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

August, Clark.  When was your last jury trial?  Probably still doing virtual appearances.  Let me guess, got the Zoom mullet thing going on.  Business on top, shorts and sneakers on the bottom.  Yet the teachers shouldn’t get paid.  Makes. Perfect. Sense. 

Ah, once again you are being disingenuous while making a stupid point.

That, scooter, is why you fail.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

On 8/15/2020 at 9:00 PM, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

They should call this the Dred Scott Plan, where the children are 3/5th of a student at 100% the cost. 

$200m budget and they can’t provide online learning? 

I actually agree with you here.  What’s happened in Williamsville is a complete joke.  They’ll blame it on such things as the governor, the virus, and the attendant uncertainty.  But the reality (and this is coming from someone who has spent a lot of time on the reopening issue) Is the administrators are educators who aren’t used to the scrutiny and the level of detail that accompanies the reopening process.  The reopening plans, by and large, parrot NYSED guidelines without any specifics.  Nobody has an answer for a simple question like the location of the COVID room.  How the varying instructional models are going to work is beyond me.  

And, in any event, it’s all going to be a mess because everyone presumes rosy, best-case scenarios.  Nobody expect it to take 90 minutes to get the kids from the bus to the desk, and nobody expects the kids to do such things as be kids and remove a mask, or come to school without having a temp check, or break protocol and hug a friend or walk out of a lane in a hallway.  We’ve done a lot of hard work to get right on the virus issue, and unfortunately unprepared administrators and parents eager to warehouse their kids are going to mess it all up. 

3 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Ah, once again you are being disingenuous while making a stupid point.

That, scooter, is why you fail.

So what exactly have you been doing?  Virtual appearances?  Pleading out?  Suppression hearings probably on hold.  Not that it’s that busy in the boonies, anyway.  Local courts are just getting back online, so you probably haven’t done traffic court in awhile.  And yet you shouldn’t take a haircut, but the people who are working for free over the summer to get ready to get back to work in an unsafe environment should.  Makes. Perfect. Sense. 

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

So what exactly have you been doing? 

My job.

16 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Makes. Perfect. Sense. 

Well, only if you squint, tilt your head 32 degrees to the left, and make repeated ignorant suppositions.

3 hours ago, Koko78 said:

My job.

Well, only if you squint, tilt your head 32 degrees to the left, and make repeated ignorant suppositions.

Your job apparently can be done remotely, and you apparently don’t believe that you should take a haircut for remote work.  Yet teachers should take the haircut.  So it’s OK for you to take 100% of your taxpayer-funded salary even when you’re “working from home,” but heaven forbid that somebody else does the same because it’s politically convenient for you to denigrate them, their profession, and their work.  Boonies logic from a boonies attorney. Have a nice day. 

Edited by SectionC3
  • Haha (+1) 1

Your job apparently can be done remotely, and you apparently you don’t believe that you should take a haircut for remote work.  Yet teachers should take the haircut.  So it’s OK for you to take 100% of your taxpayer-funded salary even when you’re “working from home,” but heaven forbid that somebody else does the same because it’s politically convenient for you to denigrate them, their profession, and their work.  Boonies logic from a boonies attorney. Have a nice day. 

30 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Your job apparently can be done remotely, and you apparently you don’t believe that you should take a haircut for remote work.  Yet teachers should take the haircut.  So it’s OK for you to take 100% of your taxpayer-funded salary even when you’re “working from home,” but heaven forbid that somebody else does the same because it’s politically convenient for you to denigrate them, their profession, and their work.  Boonies logic from a boonies attorney. Have a nice day. 

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

giphy.gif

If you’re going to communicate through a photo, it should at least accurately represent where you live and work.  Get a picture of a shack with a Trump flag on it, or a restaurant with a dusty deer head and some anti-immigrant paraphernalia.  Or some fatties who fear not coronary artery disease but who run terrified of people with brown skin.  That, at least, would be honest. 

Edited by SectionC3

If you’re going to communicate through a photo, it should at least accurately represent where you live and work.  Get a picture of a shack with a Trump flag on it, or a restaurant with a dusty deer head and some anti-immigrant paraphernalia.  Or some fatties who fear not coronary artery disease but who run terrified of people with coronary artery disease.  That, at least, would be honest. 

You're seriously going to lecture anyone about honesty?

• Like (+1) 1