What member of the media do you like?

In any given week here at TSW, you will see a thread bashing some member of the media. Sully, Gaughan, Felser, Dicesare, Gleason, Michaels, Madden, Simon, Schoop, the idiot who does Yankees radio broadcasts, Enberg, etc....

So in an attempt to bring out the positives in everyone(myself included) :blink:, who are your favorites from any branch of the media???

Off the top of my head....

Rick Jeanneret, Vic Carucci, Al Michaels, Harry Neale(Hockey Night in Canada), Jim Kelley(former Buffalo News hockey beat writer) & Bob Costas.

In any given week here at TSW, you will see a thread bashing some member of the media.  Sully, Gaughan, Felser, Dicesare, Gleason, Michaels, Madden, Simon, Schoop, the idiot who does Yankees radio broadcasts, Enberg, etc.... 

So in an attempt to bring out the positives in everyone(myself included) :blink:, who are your favorites from any branch of the media???

Rick Jeanneret, Vic Carucci, Al Michaels, Harry Neale(Hockey Night in Canada), Jim Kelley(former Buffalo News hockey beat writer) & Bob Costas.

309189[/snapback]

That's a really good question, and it's an extremely difficult job, especially analyst on TV during games. My list is surprisingly like yours. I also like Joe Morgan and Doug Collins as analysts.

In any given week here at TSW, you will see a thread bashing some member of the media.  Sully, Gaughan, Felser, Dicesare, Gleason, Michaels, Madden, Simon, Schoop, the idiot who does Yankees radio broadcasts, Enberg, etc.... 

309189[/snapback]

I'd say that's a pretty good group you listed right there. Vince Scully would have to be in that mix along with Peter Gammons, Bill Rafferty and Tim Kurijan.

That's a really good question, and it's an extremely difficult job, especially analyst on TV during games. My list is surprisingly like yours. I also like Joe Morgan and Doug Collins as analysts.

309239[/snapback]

Good call on Joe Morgan. I don't follow baseball much, so I tend to forget about them, but he's been one of the best for many years.

I'd say that's a pretty good group you listed right there. Vince Scully would have to be in that mix along with Peter Gammons, Bill Rafferty and Tim Kurijan.

309244[/snapback]

Forgot about Vin Scully. Good call. He is the best play by play man I ever heard in any sport. I just hate the Dodgers so much that it's hard for me to listen.

309244[/snapback]

Writers

Too many to list but I like all of the washington post columnists:Kornheiser,Wilbon,Boswell, Beyer.

However, I think the best writer for that particlar paper is Bill Gildea. For those who like more of the William Murray, Shirley Povich prose style, this guy is in a league of his own. If you have never read his stuff, I highly suggest a visit to the washington post website and read some of his old articles. Great stuff.

Vin Scully was OK once you looked past all the inane stats he'd bombard the viewer with. "Guererero is 4th in the league at advancing runners from 2nd to 3rd after the 7th inning on games played on Tuesday." :blink:

All-time favorite announcing team was Messer, Bill White and Scooter.

Dan Kelly and Danny Gallivan were also great play-by-play men.

I hate to say this, but I actually liked Bryan Cox when he was on ESPN news.  I thought he gave great insight from a players point of view.

309267[/snapback]

Ya know, he is on FOX radio now with Chris meyers and I listen to him on the ride home. He is pretty good, certainly not afraid to speak his mind

Print--Michael Wilbon, Tony Kornheiser, Mitch Albom, Mike Lupica

Radio--Vin Scully, Van Miller, (late) Chick Hearn, (late) Ted Darling, Marv Albert

TV--Bob Costas, Dick Enberg, (late) Ray Scott, Jim Gordon

309312[/snapback]

Albom??? who knows how much of the stuff he wrote is true or note. I mean he did Tuesdays with Morrie, but who knows, maybe he was really meeting him on Wednesdays or Fridays.

http://apse.dallasnews.com/news/2005/040805albom1.html

I like February Monday nights at about 7:00.

Sean McDonough, Bill Raftery, and Jay Bilas are the best team in all of sports.  Good insight to the game, good humor, good chemistry with each other, not afraid to take jabs at the refs.

309475[/snapback]

I like the ESPN Sunday Night Football gang: Maguire, Patrick, and Theismann. Never a dull moment when Magurie and Theismann start heckling each other :rolleyes: