buffaloboyinATL

Dan Orlovsky just did AFCE QB rankings on ESPN. Had Allen at #3!

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

?

Allen was atrocious in the first half of that football game....he played better in the 2nd but it wasn’t a good game at all. It was a poor game overall.

??

At the end of the day what was his QB rating? Good or bad?

17 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

??

At the end of the day what was his QB rating? Good or bad?

His QB rating? Who gives a ***** it’s a terrible statistic to grade a QB.Watch the game. It wasn’t a good performance. He was missing receivers left and right in the first half. He rebounded nicely in the 2nd half but still struggled up until that final drive. 

1 hour ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Yeah that was the wrong choice of words in that post. Was meant to mean he improved over the whole of the second half of the season despite having to play those tough defenses during that stretch.

I wouldn't go as far as saying his game @ New England was not good. He posted a QB rating over 100. And over the last two seasons Mahomes is the only QB to post a better QB rating than Allen at New England in 2018. 

QB ratings can be defective if you don't pass for much yardage or only complete 50% of passes and only score 17 points but you hit some long balls & some TDs with no interceptions.

Mahomes had a 83 rating with 283 yards and 1 TD and 1 INT and a 65% completion % (keeps the sticks moving and keeps the defense off the field) in 2019 which to me is far better than a 100+ rating but multiple 3 and outs and a few long balls and only completed 50% of your passes. It's Rob Johnsoneque.

Mahomes game with the 100+ rating against NE was a game where he passed for 4 TDs, 2 INTs, 352 yards, 64% completion rate and they scored 40 points in 2018. Now Chiefs lost in a shootout, but that 100+ rating is SUPER impressive. Not a 13 for 26 and 208 yards with only 17 points to show. That won't win many games.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

His QB rating? Who gives a ***** it’s a terrible statistic to grade a QB.Watch the game. It wasn’t a good performance. He was missing receivers left and right in the first half. He rebounded nicely in the 2nd half but still struggled up until that final drive. 

Okay Scott that is fine. But you are either the only person to never use QB rating ever in any QB debate. Or a liar. If you are consistent with that thought and never bring it up then that is fair.

BBF- Mahomes  was really good with a 83 QB rating. That’s fine. But then does that mean we can also admit Allen was pretty good in some of his games with 83 ratings? 

On 5/27/2020 at 9:08 AM, LB3 said:

Knucklehead? 

Only football I.Q. He's a very intelligent person and I soooo want to be wrong. But trying to improve accuracy and learning to not be Superman are hard to change, especially the former. But I would love to be so wrong. I want the Lombardi before I die. My name on other sites was Win1B4IDie. Just one. Just wish Fromm's brain was in his body.

• Thanks! (+1) 1

Orlovsky isn’t a tool.  One more reason I almost never watch ESPN. A little with NFLN, and my Achilles is I love NFLR at least some of the shows.  I wouldn’t cry if  Weiss would be fired, but the rest are decent.