Dan Orlovsky just did AFCE QB rankings on ESPN. Had Allen at #3!

5 hours ago, Bleedingreennc said:

the Jets and Dolphins will battle for the 2nd spot, but with the Jets having the 2nd hardest schedule i think the Dolphins take the 2nd spot. All hail the Pats being last. I wouldnt be surprised if the Pats go 0-6 in the division.

Jets will finish ahead of the Patriots? 

And you say Bills fans have rose colored glasses?

Hope you are right but I don't see the GOAT coach not fielding a competitive team. Especially not after coming off a season with the number one ranked defense. But maybe Stidham will be Peterman level bad?

2 hours ago, ColeB said:

Sorry, I have no time for the opinion of an ex-QB who couldn’t even keep track of the back of the end zone.

On field play has absolutely nothing to do with your ability to understand a position and evaluate players. I never understood why why people think good player equals good evaluator. History has proven otherwise in basically every sport.

• Like (+1) 5

9 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I would bet you a lot of money Tua will have a better nfl career than Stidham (assuming he can stay healthy).  Of course no one knows for sure but it’s not really a stretch to think that.

and it’s funny when Chris Simms or Jordan Palmer gives positive stuff about Allen, no posters try to put down their careers, ?

I mean....its a safe bet....provided the hip holds up....which frankly bothers me

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Jets will finish ahead of the Patriots? 

And you say Bills fans have rose colored glasses?

Hope you are right but I don't see the GOAT coach not fielding a competitive team. Especially not after coming off a season with the number one ranked defense. But maybe Stidham will be Peterman level bad?

Brady was the ?... But, if Belly is as masterful as many believe, he's not trying to win this year.   His goal has been to build a defense, tank with Stidham, then draft Lawerence. 

Brady Round 2....with a defense in place. 

21 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

Brady was the ?... But, if Belly is as masterful as many believe, he's not trying to win this year.   His goal has been to build a defense, tank with Stidham, then draft Lawerence. 

Why does he need to tank for a 6th round QB?

16 hours ago, Clutchwarfare said:

Every time I see articles/rankings like this, it makes me wonder if I'm blinded by loyalty; if I'm just too focused on the Buffalo Bills to realize that Josh really is more toward the bottom of the pack. In my mind he's a franchise QB and knocking on the door of the top 10. But nationwide, people just don't see it that way. Maybe it was the lack of prime time games in his 1st two seasons.

People constantly overlook the playoff appearance and even the fact that he had more rushing TDs than Lamar Jackson.  

So my question is: Are we crazy, or is the nationwide NFL audience blind? Probably a combo of both.

IMO it's just a case of people having different opinions. Happens all the time, very reasonably. Nobody knows for sure what will happen. More so with Tua. He might not even play. Or he might play and be really good.

Edited by Thurman#1

21 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I know these rankings don't mean anything at all, but until the season starts, we have nothing better to talk about.  This is ridiculous. He ranked Darnold number 1, Tua at #2! then Allen and then Stidham.  How the hell can you rank Tua higher than Allen after everything he accomplished so far?   I am fine with him favoring Darnold right now, even though I disagree, but come on! Tua?

We are getting a lot of love right now from the media, so this isn't a media bashing thread, just a statement at how bad Orlovsky's take is.  He seems to have an agenda against Josh Allen, which he continues to attribute to "inaccuracy".

To judge Tua's place in the pantheon of NFL QBs right now is sheer lunacy. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, DCOrange said:

I don't think this is egregious at all. I personally would rank Allen higher than that, but saying Darnold and Tua are better than Allen is reasonable IMO.

Ranking a QB who led his team to the playoffs and had 22 TDs and 3 INTs in the last 13 games should rank behind a QB who was injury prone in college and has not played a down in the NFL is reasonable? Well, you have a right to YO. 

1 hour ago, thurst44 said:

Ranking a QB who led his team to the playoffs and had 22 TDs and 3 INTs in the last 13 games should rank behind a QB who was injury prone in college and has not played a down in the NFL is reasonable? Well, you have a right to YO. 

At best, Allen has proven himself to be an average starting QB. The general consensus would probably put him somewhere in the 20-25 range of QBs while I would say somewhere in the 15-20 range is probably more accurate. It's not a stretch at all to think a rookie QB could play at that level, especially one as highly touted as Tua.

6 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

As I’ve said before, where is the trick in winning with a (supposed) generational QB?  The Cheaters being the worst team in the NFL makes Brady the one responsible for the success, not Belicheat given his time in Cleveland.  Now the Cheaters may and probably will still suck, but I doubt that’s Belicheat’s plan. 

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Thanks for setting me straight on how to be a fan. 

It was those damn refs that let Houston come back from a 16-0 hole! ?

No it’s those refs who negated a TD.  No wait, it was some guys in black shirts who had to come onto the field who did that. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

To judge Tua's place in the pantheon of NFL QBs right now is sheer lunacy. 

I don’t think the current AFCE is exactly the pantheon of NFL QBs right now.  Unless a couple guys make big jumps, it may be the worst collection of QB play a division has ever seen.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Billl said:

I don’t think the current AFCE is exactly the pantheon of NFL QBs right now.  Unless a couple guys make big jumps, it may be the worst collection of QB play a division has ever seen.

I am very much willing to say that is not the case. I am sure the crack research team here at TBD can come up with a list of divisional QB's that ranked below this one, which includes 3 first rounders and a relatively successful veteran journeyman.  I'm just too lazy to do the research myself.  

16 minutes ago, Billl said:

I doubt it's the worst in NFL history but I think it's pretty indisputably the worst in the league right now.

11 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I doubt it's the worst in NFL history but I think it's pretty indisputably the worst in the league right now.

What about the AFC South, with Watson, Rivers, Tannehill and Minshew/Glennon/Dobbs? Or the NFC East with Prescott, Jones, Wentz and Haskins?  I would rank those groups below the AFCE, but I guess it depends how you  are ranking them...  

• Haha (+1) 1