Interesting article as to where the Bills fit in power rankings

28 minutes ago, Mango said:

Not that Tannehill is some elite QB, but part of that is because of Mariota. Tannehil went 7-3 once he took over as the starter. 

Even against the MM led Titans, the Bills won 7-14 after a called back TEN TD (Actually 2 called back, but it was on the same drive) and 4 missed FGs. Most teams don't miss putting up 19 points like that. Sure the occasional missed field goal or called back TD, but 19 points is a ton.  If we flip that game (which isn't crazy) we are talking about the "barely made the playoffs Bills" and the "clinched the playoffs with a month to go Titans". The teams are not that different from each other. Titans are coming off the hot hand so they get the edge in a tightly grouped pack in the 3-6 range in the AFC. 

Part of the reason the Titans could not clinch earlier was 2 games in the final 3 weeks against what turned out to be the 10-6, division winning, Houston Texans. A lot of theirs and Houston's and standings depended on those games. Additionally 4 of 6 were against their division, where any combination of Indy, Houston, and Tennessee could have made the playoffs. 

If Miami starts Tua or toggles Fitz, Rosen and Tua  then I see no improvement.  

JMO

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, eball said:

Unless you open your eyes and mind.

I can’t predict consistent success against good teams until Josh shows he can be a consistent QB against good teams- which has yet to happen...just the fact of the matter...

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I can’t predict consistent success against good teams until Josh shows he can be a consistent QB against good teams- which has yet to happen...just the fact of the matter...

So in other words, you can see the Bills doing better than that if a certain set of your own conditions are met?  Hmm...

4 hours ago, Mango said:

Not the worst prediction. Bills were pretty close to 8-8 last year. 2 of the below 3 could have easily flipped. If I had to put my house on the line I would guess 9 or 10 wins this year. If I am playing with fake internet points 11 seems fair. 

TN- Called back TD (actually two- they were on the same drive) and 4 missed field goals. Win by 1. People always forget about this game. It could have been ugly adding 19 point swing.

Pitt- 3rd string QB, Duck Hodges threw 4 INTs. Won by 7. A healthy Big Ben and it probably goes the other way. 

NYJ 1- Darnold plays with mono. Wins by 1. 

Titans game:  Bills win by 7.  Two missed kicks were 50+ and one was blocked.  The Bills ate the last 4 minutes of the game on a 50 yard drive.  Titans needed the ball back and the Bills took it to their red zone, ran the last 9 plays of the game and were content to end it there.

The Bills outgained the Jets by 150 yards.  It took some flukey turnovers to keep it close.  I think the Bills deseved/earned these wins.

• Like (+1) 1