How does COVID-19 Change Our World?

Augie

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

It's  not passed through food well.  Why would  buffets  be done?  If you  do digest,  mild symptoms.  It's  respiratory,  bad when it lodges  in there.

I hate buffets, so there! Plus, let’s all stand around the food together? Why clump up? 

Did I mention I hate buffets? Quantity over quality is not my thing, and I like my space, even before all this craziness. I’d have banned them regardless if I had the clout. 

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Augie said:

I hate buffets, so there! Plus, let’s all stand around the food together? Why clump up? 

Did I mention I hate buffets? Quantity over quality is not my thing, and I like my space, even before all this craziness. I’d have banned them regardless is I had the clout. 

My father hated them too.   If he had to  stand in line, he'd  "moo" like  cattle  in a corral.  He'd  hate Golden Corral. Probably  the Army chow  line in the early  1950s did him in. LoL...

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Augie said:

Did I mention I hate buffets? Quantity over quality is not my thing, and I like my space, even before all this craziness. I’d have banned them regardless if I had the clout. 

I respect your opinion. I love buffets so much, great variety of food for a great price. I don't care if it's not the healthiest or cleanest way to get food. I hope they never die out! 

12 hours ago, Augie said:

Why do you hate Rob Ryan?

1 hour ago, Halloween Land said:

I respect your opinion. I love buffets so much, great variety of food for a great price. I don't care if it's not the healthiest or cleanest way to get food. I hope they never die out! 

I mostly care that the food usually isn’t very good, and even when it is (The Aria in Vegas has an amazing buffet!) I take it as a personal challenge to eat as much food as humanly possible to get “value”.  Then I just feel awful and regret my glutinous ways. :sick:

Fear not....they will probably find a way to carry on. Too many people love them, I’m just not one of them. 

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Why do you hate Rob Ryan?

I’m just afraid he’s going to pop and get all over me! 

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

It's  not passed through food well.  Why would  buffets  be done?  If you  do digest,  mild symptoms.  It's  respiratory,  bad when it lodges  in there.

Not really about the food. 

I'm no buffet fan, either. Serve me my freshly prepared food please. Plus I special order just about everything, so few things on a buffet are to my liking.  One exception I have always made is a breakfast buffet at a high-end hotel. Fresh fruit, made to order omelettes, and such.  But haven't had one of those in years. Probably won't be doing that againk anytime soon.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 4/17/2020 at 9:45 AM, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Perhaps I’m a Luddite, but I refuse to live in fear and I plan to return 100% to pre Covid behavior. 

I have to admit, I'm confused by this. It isn't about living in fear. It's about respect for the health of others. It's about helping out our society when it's in dire need.

We will still have choices to make. Do we act selfishly or with respect? Please don't use the "no fear" explanation for selfish behavior. 

Edited by The Dean
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Not really about the food. 

I'm no buffet fan, either. Serve me my freshly prepared food please. Plus I special order just about everything, so few things on a buffet are to my liking.  One exception I have always made is a breakfast buffet at a high-end hotel. Fresh fruit, made to order omelettes, and such.  But haven't had one of those in years. Probably won't be doing that againk anytime soon.

Wow!  Nice.  You just freaked me out.   LoL... see the dude's  face.  You're  gonna give me nightmares Dean....

...Not... I can't stop laughing.