I can see Matt Jones as a Bill

Wouldn't it be great to have your #3 QB be able to do more than hold a clipboard. You have to take all the pre-draft chit-chat with a block of salt. I doubt the Bills are going to reveal who they really want. But if this Jones kid can be a effective as a receiver AND serve as your #3 QB, that would be great value!

PTR

He's too inconsistent and too mistake-prone as a passer to really be a player I'd want serving as a QB in any respect. Besides, if the Bills do draft him, he's going to need all the work he can possibly get at WR or TE and doesn't need the distraction of being a gimmick QB.

Athletically, he is a freak. As a QB, he would suck. He has also stated that he does not want to be a TE. Probably doesn't want to block any guys his size or bigger. He would be great as a WR or Slash player though. BUT, he will be somewhat of a project for a while until he learns the position. It's going to be interesting to see where he goes in the draft.

Athletically, he is a freak.  As a QB, he would suck.  He has also stated that he does not want to be a TE.  Probably doesn't want to block any guys his size or bigger.  He would be great as a WR or Slash player though.  BUT, he will be somewhat of a project for a while until he learns the position.  It's going to be interesting to see where he goes in the draft.

307360[/snapback]

His point is that he is very fast, so he would make a great receiver but if he put on the muscle & pounds to be a tight end it would take away from his speed.

Wouldn't it be great to have your #3 QB be able to do more than hold a clipboard.  You have to take all the pre-draft chit-chat with a block of salt.  I doubt the Bills are going to reveal who they really want.  But if this Jones kid can be a effective as a receiver AND serve as your #3 QB, that would be great value!

PTR

307329[/snapback]

This kid sounds like a first rounder, IMO.

WR Vincent Jackson may be a better value. He might still be available when we pick in the 3rd rd. I don't think drafting a WR early is needed. The only two reasons to draft a WR like Jones is because;

a) The Mularkey theory on using slash player(s)

b) Get a big, fast WR to replace Eric Moulds for down the road.

After all the current trade rumors going on and where we are supposely going to end up (in the very early 2nd rd), I don't think that this pick will end up being used on Jones or a TE, WR, DE, and man I can't believe that I'm going to say it, an O-lineman. I fully expect Buffalo to be setting their sights on a DT or a CB. I think with their original 2nd rd (#55) you will see the Bills look at a C and maybe a LT or LB if ones that they coveted was to unexpectingly fall to them at this slot. WR and TE won't be address until at least the 3rd rd or later.

If our LT isn't on our roster already, then taking a C will afford us versatility with Teague being able to man either position. The only way Buffalo selects a starting LT with our 1st pick is by trading up or into the first rd.

WR Vincent Jackson may be a better value. He might still be available when we pick in the 3rd rd. I don't think drafting a WR early is needed. The only two reasons to draft a WR like Jones is because;

a) The Mularkey theory on using slash player(s)

b) Get a big, fast WR to replace Eric Moulds for down the road.

After all the current trade rumors going on and where we are supposely going to end up (in the very early 2nd rd), I don't think that this pick will end up being used on Jones or a TE, WR, DE, and man I can't believe that I'm going to say it, an O-lineman. I fully expect Buffalo to be setting their sights on a DT or a CB. I think with their original 2nd rd (#55) you will see the Bills look at a C and maybe a LT or LB if ones that they coveted was to unexpectingly fall to them at this slot. WR and TE won't be address until at least the 3rd rd or later.

If our LT isn't on our roster already, then taking a C will afford us versatility with Teague being able to man either position. The only way Buffalo selects a starting LT with our 1st pick is by trading up or into the first rd.

307452[/snapback]

A-friggin-men. Vincent Jackson is the guy I covet in the draft because he can and will play TE. I have afeeling that he's going to be the steal reciever of the draft, not Jones.

I believe there are rules that prevent your 3rd string QB from playing without some consequence to the 1st and 2nd string QBs ability to play.

307365[/snapback]

Indeed there are

MM only put JP in the 4th quarter, because if JP was put in before then, the bills could not put Mathews or Bledsoe on the field. In other words, the third stringer is not allowed to play in the first three quarters unless the the first two QB's were knocked out of the game. upon the third stringers entrance into the game before the fourth quarter, the First and second stringers are unable to play for the rest of the game.

Wouldn't it be great to have your #3 QB be able to do more than hold a clipboard.  You have to take all the pre-draft chit-chat with a block of salt.  I doubt the Bills are going to reveal who they really want.  But if this Jones kid can be a effective as a receiver AND serve as your #3 QB, that would be great value!

PTR

307329[/snapback]

You obviously think that the Bills are going to move into the late 1st or early 2nd round because that's where Jones will go. The Bills will have no shot at him at #55.

If Jones is still available late in the 1st round, I could see TD moving up to get him. He's a potential game changer, and it doesn't seem like any of the OT's and CB's are that type of player in this draft. It also seems like there is a lot of depth at the OT and CB positions in this draft. It's hard to imagine TD and Modrak just sitting around until the 55th pick. Whereas other NFL organizations have strength in their pocketbooks, the Bills strength is their talent evaluation and the draft is where these guys distance themselves from other organizations. Doubtful they deal Clements, but Henry will be dealt on draft day and it would not surprise me to see the Bills trade up to the end of the 1st round. It would surprise me more if they didn't.

You obviously think that the Bills are going to move into the late 1st or early 2nd round because that's where Jones will go. The Bills will have no shot at him at #55.

Correct. We'll take Jones at #44 or sooner, along with LJ Shelton. BuhBye Travis.