Richard Burr Should Have Been Nicer To Trump, lol

The Post reports on Fox News personality Tucker Carlson’s reaction to a report that Sen. Richard Burr (R-N.C.) dumped a significant amount of stock before the economic meltdown caused by the coronavirus:

“Now maybe there’s an honest explanation for what he did. If there is, then he should share it with the rest of us immediately,” Carlson said on Thursday. “Otherwise, he must resign from the Senate and face prosecution for insider trading.”
Carlson, whose nightly show reportedly has significant sway on President Trump’s thinking, continued condemning the Republican senator, whose estimated $628,033 to $1.72 million in stock market sales were described by many as “stomach-churning” and “personal corruption.”
“There is no greater moral crime than betraying your country in a time of crisis, and that appears to be what happened,” he added.

Edited by Tiberius

22 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...isn't this "list" much longer than one and culprits on both sides of the aisle?.....yes this would be shocking (COVID 19 cough)............

That would require integrity.  They didnt teach that at Trash State.

To address the issue though, there could be a legitimate explanation, if the sell order was created by a manager without knowledge.  That is HIGHLY unlikely in my opinion.  There is a list of both R and D that appear to have engaged in inside trading.  They should be prosecuted.  

Edited by CoudyBills

20 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...isn't this "list" much longer than one and culprits on both sides of the aisle?.....yes this would be shocking (COVID 19 cough)............

Feinstein and the Senator from Georgia seem in the clear here, though there is a election coming up in Georgia (Two senators up, both Republicans lol ?) But Carlson called out Burr because it looks way worse than those two. 

This is horrible! 

1 minute ago, CoudyBills said:

That would require integrity.  They didnt teach that at Trash State.

Integrity? Do you even know what the topic is about? Did you graduate from high school? 

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Feinstein and the Senator from Georgia seem in the clear here, though there is a election coming up in Georgia (Two senators up, both Republicans lol ?) But Carlson called out Burr because it looks way worse than those two. 

This is horrible! 

Integrity? Do you even know what the topic is about? Did you graduate from high school? 

Oh Tibs.  You're my favorite caricature of a real person.  

• Haha (+1) 3

Just now, CoudyBills said:

Oh Tibs.  You're my favorite caricature of a real person.  

Well thank you

No surprise here from Tucker, revenge 

burr and trump from www.usatoday.com

May 11, 2019 · Republican Sen. Richard Burr, who spent decades in Washington and is a reliable conservative vote, is not the usual target of Trump's ire.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I actually bought stock this week! 

Btw, these swamp creatures could cost the GOP four, yes 4 Senate seats, two in Georgia and two in NC. 

Drain the swamp! 

I doubt that, but by all means, buy stock.  Hopefully never have an opportunity like this again.  

1 minute ago, CoudyBills said:

I doubt that, but by all means, buy stock.  Hopefully never have an opportunity like this again.  

Well, you have very uninformed biases, so doubt all you want. But it is a good time to buy, at least eventually 

40 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

No, you said you doubted I invested this week. That’s an uninformed opinion 

Oh.  Not well written.  I believe you invested.  I was doubting the flipping 4 seats line.  While I say you're a homeless bum, living in a dumpster, I don't actually think that's true.  

1 hour ago, realtruelove said:

I may be wrong but isn't this one of the major perks of being in the House or Senate, that you can't be charged with insider trading?  That's why nobody ever pushes for term limits.

That is my understanding, that information obtained as a result of being a member of Congress is not considered "insider" information but a matter of public record, whether the public has actual access or not.

May we also consider why the Bezos Mouthpiece Post devotes an entire article to these sales by a Republican Senator, while completely omitting any mention of concurrent sales - in an amount 4 to 5 times as great - which were made by a Democrat Senator (Feinstein) who's made a veritable industry of insider trading action resulting in a net worth estimated at $80 million (lighter by $190K for campaign finance impropriety fines).

Is this a case of media double standards, no standards, corruption, or just that one party's corruption is news while another's is dog-bites-man? You tell me.

Is Tucker auditioning for a CNN or MS-NBC anchor? He's grilling Senator Loofa, getting answers, refusing to accept the answers and badgering the same point over and over, questions like, "Hey, why didn't you warn the general public that the economy was going to crash when you got a sell order update from your managed account on your brokerage app?" or "Why do you think Senator Burr should not be hauled to Gitmo?"

They're stupid questions with obvious answers, very unusual. Does he think he's a righteous crusader here?

12 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

Is Tucker auditioning for a CNN or MS-NBC anchor? He's grilling Senator Loofa, getting answers, refusing to accept the answers and badgering the same point over and over, questions like, "Hey, why didn't you warn the general public that the economy was going to crash when you got a sell order update from your managed account on your brokerage app?" or "Why do you think Senator Burr should not be hauled to Gitmo?"

They're stupid questions with obvious answers, very unusual. Does he think he's a righteous crusader here?

He does have a very valid point though.  What Burr did was criminal. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GG said:

He does have a very valid point though.  What Burr did was criminal. 

Most of Congress has done enough to land in jail or worse. With Burr, it seems personal for Carlson. I'm curious if there's a backstory.

2 hours ago, CoudyBills said:

Oh.  Not well written.  I believe you invested.  I was doubting the flipping 4 seats line.  While I say you're a homeless bum, living in a dumpster, I don't actually think that's true.  

I do.

• Haha (+1) 1