Weinstein Convicted Of Rape

Tiberius

4 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

I'm going to guess that, after reception, he goes to Auburn Correctional Facility or Attica Correctional Facility. Outside chance he winds up in Wende Correctional Facility or Marcy Correctional Facility because of his medical/upcoming psychiatric issues.

...why?...he already has a "spot" at Rikers....he isn't worth the moving costs............

4 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

They will also be keeping all the Oscars and other awards that Weinstein bought for them.

Yeah, Gwyneth Paltrow won her Oscar for "Shakespeare In Love" because of her acting. :rolleyes:

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Mark Vader said:

They will also be keeping all the Oscars and other awards that Weinstein bought for them.

Yeah, Gwyneth Paltrow won her Oscar for "Shakespeare In Love" because of her acting. :rolleyes:

....not to worry!!...Rob Reiner & Michael Moore to his rescue.......

• Haha (+1) 3

26 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...why?...he already has a "spot" at Rikers....he isn't worth the moving costs............

Rikers is a county jail, not a NYS Correctional Facility.

35 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

I'm going to guess that, after reception, he goes to Auburn Correctional Facility or Attica Correctional Facility. Outside chance he winds up in Wende Correctional Facility or Marcy Correctional Facility because of his medical/upcoming psychiatric issues.

I'm thinking that he winds up at Wende from what my DOC friend tells me.  He can have the Jimmy Burke "suite."  I think that Attica and Auburn only takes the healthy inmates.  Five Points is supposed to be a little less harsh than the "A"s so he could have a cell with a "view" of the lake.

4 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...why the hell should he be in one of the NYS "Club Fed" facilities?.....ship him back to California and let THEM pay.....

Attica, Auburn, and 5 Points are hardly "club fed".

A 23 year sentence on sex crimes isn't going to land him anything other than a max. He will quickly be put into involuntary protective custody, which is solitary confinement.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, GG said:

A sort of a homecoming for Harvey?

Interesting that DOCCS took him to Wende for reception, instead of a reception center near NYC before transferring him out this way.

Just for funsies, his earliest release date is 11/09/2039.

Edited by Koko78

1 minute ago, Koko78 said:

Interesting that DOCCS took him to Wende for reception, instead of a reception center near NYC before transferring him out this way.

Just for funsies, his earliest release date is 11/09/2039.

My understanding is that Wende is the go-to facility for prisoners with health issues.  Won't be there too along as California wants to try him as well.  Probably will be back here as NY sentenced him first once done out there.

5 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

My understanding is that Wende is the go-to facility for prisoners with health issues.  Won't be there too along as California wants to try him as well.  Probably will be back here as NY sentenced him first once done out there.

Wende does have good medical facilities. I like their staff as well - they're pretty friendly to deal with.

I figured he would probably end up there; I'm just surprised they took him directly there for reception. Normally inmates go through ~30 days of reception at designated facilities near where they were convicted, before being sent wherever by DOCCS.

I wonder if it was due to his medical issues being that bad, or (because he is high risk, and was likely going to Wende anyhow) they just took him there directly because of the Kung Flu.