Josh Norman in Buffalo?

Gmoneybills

19 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

nope. That is Due Diligence. Like EVERY team does. A Visit conveys interest. 

I would agree that every team looks into every available player.  But every team does not talk to every player.  It doesn't happen.  There is obviously a level of interest.  How much, who knows?

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

I would agree that every team looks into every available player.  But every team does not talk to every player.  It doesn't happen.  There is obviously a level of interest.  How much, who knows?

The only reason IMo that is gets reported this way is the “Carolina” Connection. 

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

The only reason IMo that is gets reported this way is the “Carolina” Connection. 

In this case the connection makes sense because of the zone scheme.

I haven't really followed Norman to know if he has anything left, i'll defer to our coaches as they have earned the benefit of the doubt with regards to DB's.

14 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

In this case the connection makes sense because of the zone scheme.

I haven't really followed Norman to know if he has anything left, i'll defer to our coaches as they have earned the benefit of the doubt with regards to DB's.

And even if he is signed, people need to remember  that he’s being signed to the 90 right now which the chance to earn a roster spot - not to the 53. 

• 2 weeks later...

One of the few times a "sighting" or rumors of a player being Buffalo *actually* worked! 

49 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

Per Mike Garofolo the Bills have signed Norman to a one year $6 million deal (could become $8 million). Don't like this at all. He's toast. At least it's only one year.

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author 

I understand we're all still suffering some PTSD from previous Bills' years where they bring in name brand, "has-beens" only to see them flame away on the field. But, IMHO, Beane and his team have done things very differently. I completely trust Beane and McD to make this call. As I've said in other places, I may not agree at the time or understand it, but that's the beauty of trust - you don't have to feel like you know everything to feel comfortable that it will somehow work itself out. 

Kevin Johnson comes to mind when I think about this exact type of player. People were all over this board saying he was a JAG, but while his tackling could improve - he did make some good plays and generally contribute to solid coverage. If Josh Norman was brought in, then ultimately I trust Beane and McD to know how to use his talents to maximize his play....even thought it appears to have declined. 

• Haha (+1) 1

• SDS locked this topic