I see the interest in Henry is picking up

todd

Or this:

Eagles | Interested in Bills' Henry? - from www.KFFL.com

Thu, 14 Apr 2005 15:56:50 -0700

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the Philadelphia Eagles have shown interest in Buffalo Bills RB Travis Henry. The Bills have phoned the Eagles on more than one occasion, but Henry's interest in a new contract could kill a potential trade from coming about. While the Bills are looking for a second-round draft choice, they would probably take a third-round or even a fourth-rounder that could move up to a third-rounder based off of incentives.

Like I have said 3rd, 4th rounder for Travis at most.

306268[/snapback]

All due respect, that's a load of sh--. There's no way he goes for a fourth rounder. I would doubt third rounder too, but I'd say it's at least possible. Like I said to you before, TD will let him rot before he'll give him away for a 4th.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am referring to the nonsense you spewed that Dennis Green wanted us to trade draft picks for them taking Travis off our hands.

306267[/snapback]

That's what Green said, and your post reitterated it

Meanwhile, Arizona Cardinals coach Dennis Green reiterated in an interview with the Arizona Republic on Wednesday that he considers a trade for Henry to still be a possibility for his team and that he would not rule out the option of flip-flopping second-round picks with the Bills. Arizona has the 44th overall pick; Buffalo has No. 55.

That's what Green said, and your post reitterated it

306278[/snapback]

I apologize- I misunderstood Greens comments and your posts. I thought the deal was swapping the picks and Shelton. Travis straight up for 11 spots is an awful trade

I apologize- I misunderstood Greens comments and your posts.  I thought the deal was swapping the picks and Shelton.  Travis straight up for 11 spots is an awful trade

306298[/snapback]

You were right, Pete. VA is cherry-picking quotes from the article to prove his point when the full article clearly and without question implies that it is Shelton plus the swap.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardinals/...rade-ON-CR.html

He was talking about in addition to Shelton, not just the swap, and you know it.

306331[/snapback]

It isn't what he said and I heard the audio. I got the impression that Buffalo wants to move up to #44 from 55 for Travis. Sounded like Green wants Shelton for Travis.

I don't believe either is related.

Yup, like I said, to trade TH to move up 11 spots in the 2nd round is about equal to a 4th or 5th round pick.  That isn't exactly the 1st rounder crap that you have been throwing around is it?

306265[/snapback]

The trade also includes Shelton. Shelton + 44=low #1 or very high #2 IMO.

It isn't what he said and I heard the audio.  I got the impression that Buffalo wants to move up to #44 from 55 for Travis.  Sounded like Green wants Shelton for Travis. 

I don't believe either is related.

306336[/snapback]

That's just crap, IMO. Tll me you believe Green is talking about just the swap of picks.

The proposed trade of Cardinals offensive tackle L.J. Shelton to Buffalo for running back Travis Henry remains dormant, and the status isn't likely to change until the first day of the NFL draft April 23.

"It has a heartbeat," Cardinals coach Dennis Green said of the trade.

Buffalo also would like to swap places in the second round, taking the Cardinals' pick, the 44th overall, for the 55th selection. advertisement 

The Cardinals, however, are balking at that - at least for now. With the eighth overall pick, the Cardinals should have a chance to take one of the top three running backs in the draft: Cedric Benson of Texas and Ronnie Brown and Carnell "Cadillac" Williams of Auburn.

If they take one of them, the trade would be off.

"If the draft goes a certain way, and we take a player and that player happens to be a running back, that phone will never ring," Green said. "If the draft goes on and we don't take a running back, they (the Bills) will probably still be trying to move up. They are probably trying to move up with other people also."

Holding off until draft day gives the Cardinals some additional leverage. It's possible that other teams might want to trade up to take one of those three running backs. The Cardinals don't want to eliminate the possibility of trading down by dealing for Henry now.

Green didn't rule out the possibility of swapping second-round picks with Buffalo, saying it depended how the draft developed and what would be available with the 55th pick.

"We keep our options open," he said.

Henry is in the last year of his contract and is scheduled to make $1.25 million. The Cardinals wouldn't seek a long-term deal with him before agreeing to a trade, because Green would rather have Henry establish his worth in the last year of his contract.

Henry's contract status adds risk, Green said.

"Even if we did a trade for Travis Henry tomorrow, it would take us out of the market for any of those three young backs and the risk is Travis is on a one-year deal," Green said.

"There is risk involved with us, and I'm not saying we wouldn't take those risks, but they are there and we have to recognize that."

Shelton, who signed a contract extension in 2003, has four years remaining on his contract at $3 million a year.

That's just crap, IMO. Tll me you believe Green is talking about just the swap of picks.

306345[/snapback]

I don't think so. I believe you and the media is combining two different trade options.

Also, why would we even be considering a 3rd or 4th from the Eagles and calling them several times if what you say is true?

306345[/snapback]

VA Bills has stated from day 1 that the trade would be consumed for a 5th round pick or a 4th at best.

Shelton deal notwithstanding, I agree with him. I hope I am wrong and I am sure VA feels the same way.

Personally, I think that VA should be praised rather than attacked for taking a stand other than "TD is God," or "Lets swap Travis even up for Jason Taylor or Robert Gallery." Yes, those dream world trades were proposed here. VA had an opinion and was ready to take it against the blind homer grain.

I would rather read what he has to say than another "Travis for the 2nd pick in the draft" proposals which are TRULY ridiculous.

I don't think so.  I believe you and the media is combining two different trade options. 

Also, why would we even be considering a 3rd or 4th from the Eagles and calling them several times if what you say is true?

306357[/snapback]

He's not. He wants a second. The writer of the story is speculating that he wants a third or fourth, which is likely what the Eagles are offering to start the negotiations.

Furthermore, that Eagles article is highly suspect because the guy is obviously talking about next year's picks not next weeks. You cannot have a trade with incentives that goes from a 4th to a 3rd this year.

I frankly, cannot believe that anyone with over a sixth grade reading comprehension level can read an article which states the trade may still be on, the Bills are asking for Shelton plus a swap of seconds, the Cards are balking at that at least for now, and then Green saying he may do the swap. That says to me, and I would predict 99% of everyone on here, that Green is talking about both Shelton and the swap.

And now the Bucs want back in and the Eagles with their zillion picks are considering the trade too....

He always held all the cards here...  Henry will either be traded or he'll ruin his payday if he sits out...

306137[/snapback]

Hard to figure the Eagles being very interested. They recently signed Buckhalter. They are still working on a deal with Westbrook - perhaps any interest in TH is just a little bit of leverage on their part.

Westbrook's catching is important to them - he caught 73 passes last year, so if they have trouble with him, I'd think they would be looking at a back with a certain level of pass skills.

He's not. He wants a second. The writer of the story is speculating that he wants a third or fourth, which is likely what the Eagles are offering to start the negotiations.

I frankly, cannot believe that anyone with over a sixth grade reading comprehension level can read an article which states the trade may still be on, the Bills are asking for Shelton plus a swap of seconds, the Cards are balking at that at least for now, and then Green saying he may do the swap. That says to me, and I would predict 99% of everyone on here, that Green is talking about both Shelton and the swap.

306362[/snapback]

Include me in the 99%...

306362[/snapback]

So what? Shelton is a LT in whom there appears to be little or no interest. How rare is this?

Jennings was a pretty good, not great LT. He was scooped up and made a multi-millionaire in minutes, right? Why? Because he plays LT! Now, where is the interest in LJ?

If TD cares more about moving up in the 2nd than unloading TH for a 4th or so, he will pull the trigger, but can we not make it sound like we are getting overwhelmed with offers such as a high round draft pick, or Jonathan Ogden?

It just aint happening my friend.

So what? Shelton is a LT in whom there appears to be little or no interest. How rare is this?

Jennings was a pretty good, not great LT. He was scooped up and made a multi-millionaire in minutes, right? Why? Because he plays LT! Now, where is the interest in LJ?

If TD cares more about moving up in the 2nd than unloading TH for a 4th or so, he will pull the trigger, but can we not make it sound like we are getting overwhelmed with offers such as a high round draft pick, or Jonathan Ogden?

It just aint happening my friend.

306369[/snapback]

I never ever said it was. TD has been remarkably consistent in this. He wants what Travis is worth. He thinks Travis is worth at least a second OR at least Shelton plus a swap of seconds. NO one here has been saying the ridiculous exaggerations you keep throwing around that he is worth Jonathan Ogden or anything close to it. Some people thought, IMO wrongly, that we would get a #1 pick for him a long time ago. Please, please, please tell me one possible thing that TD has said or done in his history, especially recently and concerning travis, that would make you believe he is going to trade him to just move up 11 spots in a draft where virtually everyone says there are a ton of very good players in the second and third round?

I never ever said it was. TD has been remarkably consistent in this. He wants what Travis is worth. He thinks Travis is worth at least a second OR at least Shelton plus a swap of seconds. NO one here has been saying the ridiculous exaggerations you keep throwing around that he is worth Jonathan Ogden or anything close to it. Some people thought, IMO wrongly, that we would get a #1 pick for him a long time ago. Please, please, please tell me one possible thing that TD has said or done in his history, especially recently and concerning travis, that would make you believe he is going to trade him to just move up 11 spots in a draft where virtually everyone says there are a ton of very good players in the second and third round?

306375[/snapback]

K Man, as I said yesterday in another thread, it matters ZERO what TD says. It is like listening to Chris Moneymaker or Johnny Chan. TD is a poker player, and a good one at that.

I DO think it IS possible to get a swap of 2nds and a player to be dumped later(Shelton). What I DONT think is that TH will fetch a 2nd round pick in a trade.

Btw, Gallery, Jayson Taylor and Miami's first round picks WERE trade proposals I read on this board.

K Man, as I said yesterday in another thread, it matters ZERO what TD says. It is like listening to Chris Moneymaker or Johnny Chan. TD is a poker player, and a good one at that.

I DO think it IS possible to get a swap of 2nds and a player to be dumped later(Shelton). What I DONT think is that TH will fetch a 2nd round pick in a trade.

Btw, Gallery, Jayson Taylor and Miami's first round picks WERE trade proposals I read on this board.

306390[/snapback]

I'll tell you one thing, I believe that trading TH for Jason Taylor, or Robery Gallery, or Miami's #1 has a better chance of happening than your numerous "just cut the talentless lowlife piece of garbage pedophile" posts.

I'll tell you one thing, I believe that trading TH for Jason Taylor, or Robery Gallery, or Miami's #1 has a better chance of happening than your numerous "just cut the talentless lowlife piece of garbage pedophile" posts.

306397[/snapback]

I am betting if Travis is traded for a pick it will be closer to a 4th then a 1st.

You are certainly free to believe each and every one of your homer beliefs, but that does not make them reality.

TH will NOT be a Bill next season under any conditions. This is, and has always been my stance.

You can continue to kiss his ass and attack those who do not love him, although this thread appears to be a bit more of a TD sodomizing. :D

You are certainly free to believe each and every one of your homer beliefs, but that does not make them reality.

TH will NOT be a Bill next season under any conditions. This is, and has always been my stance.

You can continue to kiss his ass and attack those who do not love him, although  this thread appears to be a bit more of a TD sodomizing.  :D

306405[/snapback]

That is not the point. The point is only and obviously that you continually said we should just cut the talentless worthless piece of garbage pedophile, but the fact is that we can get something for him and we're going to, or we are going to keep him as a back-up (the far, far less likely scenario).

But we are not going to cut him, nor is he talentless, worthless, a piece of garbage, or a pedophile. I was only berating you for berating other posters' twisted, unfounded and outlandish positions and proposals when your own were significantly more twisted, unfounded and outlandish. :D