Reasons I think Josh is more viable long term than Jackson

Orlando Tim

1 hour ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Defenses are catching on how to defend the Raven's RPO offense. Jackson is a great player, but I suspect he has been exposed. The Raven's aren't playing in the SB for a good reason...

I think you and I are seeing the same thing but I think it is from an accumulation of hits vs D getting better. But you might be right.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Defenses are catching on how to defend the Raven's RPO offense. Jackson is a great player, but I suspect he has been exposed. The Raven's aren't playing in the SB for a good reason...

Same reason as the Packers...

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

For the record you and Shaw are both correct - Allen's main issue is footwork and it is much better when he has time to throw and is correct on his read and not unsure; when he is rushed or is unsure of the read - he becomes erratic as his mechanics break down

Just a nit that being unsure of the read typically leads to holding the ball longer, which leads to throwing under pressure

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Just a nit that being unsure of the read typically leads to holding the ball longer, which leads to throwing under pressure

I kinda want to go back and watch, but I am betting a combination of things that happen - WR makes the wrong read, Josh makes the wrong read, poor separation, RT gets beat, pressure up with middle,  phantom pressure all leading to rushed/hurried throws and a break down of mechanics. Josh is not the typical young QB, he is a throwback to the 80s and 90s where these guys were not developed since they were 8 years old....