Flutie talking Bills and Allen

sunshynman

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Thanks for that explanation.  I probably shouldn’t admit it but whenever I played a sport and I thought there was a guy worse than me who was playing over me, I struggled to support them and won’t mind if they played bad.  We might be splitting hairs, but I think the Kelly stuff is way worse.  Could you imagine Tom Brady getting hammered during SB week?

We beat the Titans without that bad karma.  RJ was awful in that game.  

but I guess it’s finally time to move on haha.  

IMO there’s a huge difference between acting as you did as a kid (which is normal for a kid, by the way—I’m sure I did it to an extent too) and doing so as a professional who’s getting paid to do a job.

17 hours ago, folz said:

Is the animosity towards Doug just about the old QB controversy? The idea that he divided the locker room? Or is it something deeper? I understand that fans took sides in that debate too, but don't quite understand the continuing dislike of the guy.

I neither dislike nor have animosity towards Doug Flutie.  I clicked the link because the title said Flutie talking "Bills and Allen" and I was curious to hear what he'd say about the Bills and Allen.  I found it instead, to be mostly about Doug Flutie (and yes, about how fans would tap on his car windows and ask for his autograph).

Now most of us "love me some me" to a greater or lesser extent.  I think to be a successful NFL QB you probably have to have an ego.  But some guys manage to turn the conversation towards others.  Doug Flutie just turned the conversation from others towards himself.

Again, not hating or feeling animosity, just didn't tune in to hear Doug Flutie on Doug Flutie.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Hmmm, I must have blinked and missed it.  He did say a few things about today's Bills: that Josh Allen is a "humble kid", that he thinks Josh Allen is a year away, that he can make plays, that in the Baltimore game the Bills were right in it with a chance at the end, that for his size Josh Allen is mobile.  But most of the discussion was all about him and his  career and how he wishes he were playing today, which kind of matches my impression of Doug Flutie being a giant "I".

I mean, they're giving the guy his moment and the Flutie Flakes support his autism foundation, so I'm OK with that.

He gave Allen and Buffalo big props IMO, the hosts asked him those question and he just answered them. The boners people have for Flutie I don't understand, I found way after the fact he was a supposed pain in the ass while here many act like they knew it while he was here...confusing to me.

3 hours ago, billrooter said:

. The boners people have for Flutie I don't understand, I found way after the fact he was a supposed pain in the ass while here many act like they knew it while he was here...confusing to me.

the media used to report on how a lot of the team did not like him.