New York (again)

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

If I follow the logic, it's a good thing that NYS powered through a virus where 32K died, but it's a bad thing that Florida is powering through a virus were less than 4.5k died?

(BTW, NYS reported more Wuhan deaths today than FL)

• Thank you (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, GG said:

If I follow the logic, it's a good thing that NYS powered through a virus where 32K died, but it's a bad thing that Florida is powering through a virus were less than 4.5k died?

(BTW, NYS reported more Wuhan deaths today than FL)

Frankly, when I hear people celebrating that NYC had zero COVID deaths on Saturday, the only thing that comes to mind is "Must be time to open up NY all the way and get people back to work."

But no.

‘This can’t be real’: Guess what is (and more notably ISN’T) depicted on Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s new ‘pandemic poster’

New York Gov. Cuomo had previously unveiled “COVID Mountain,” and today’s presser brought with it a “pandemic poster.” Look closely and you’ll see President Trump depicted sitting on a crescent moon doing nothing:

And yet the least self-aware governor in the nation (as enabled by the national media) keeps getting pats on the back from people like Valerie Jarrett and Jennifer Rubin.

Andrew Cuomo thinking this is impressive and something to be proud of does not inspire confidence in his judgment.

22 minutes ago, B-Man said:

‘This can’t be real’: Guess what is (and more notably ISN’T) depicted on Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s new ‘pandemic poster’

New York Gov. Cuomo had previously unveiled “COVID Mountain,” and today’s presser brought with it a “pandemic poster.” Look closely and you’ll see President Trump depicted sitting on a crescent moon doing nothing:

And yet the least self-aware governor in the nation (as enabled by the national media) keeps getting pats on the back from people like Valerie Jarrett and Jennifer Rubin.

Andrew Cuomo thinking this is impressive and something to be proud of does not inspire confidence in his judgment.

And who paid for that garbage? 

• Like (+1) 1

109125413_2792289117727058_7599843953393

Dammit !

I just found out that Senator Schumer was two blocks over from my house earlier today.

A local restaurant had opened on its day off to host him and some local University presidents.

I thought it was odd when I drove by and people in suits were there...........usually more casual.

I' m sure that I wouldn't have yelled anything, Mother B-Man didn't bring me up that way.

But I could have made up a quick "AOC For Senate" sign................?

• Haha (+1) 3

NYC Weekend: Shooting Victims
Far Exceed Coronavirus Deaths

by Edwin Mora

Original Article

More than two dozen shootings across New York City over the weekend left a one-year-old dead and at least 34 others injured, some potentially fatally, dwarfing the number of people killed there by the coronavirus during the same period.It appears that over the weekend, particularly that fateful Saturday that left the one-year-old dead, NYC residents had a higher chance of getting shot than dying from coronavirus.While NYC has largely tamed the lethal and highly contagious coronavirus, another epidemic is starting to rear its ugly head in the city once again — violent crimes.

Florida is so jealous 

New York City health officials reported zero new coronavirus deaths on Sunday for the first time since the state's first death was recorded on March 11, according to NBC New York.

Why it matters: Once the epicenter of the U.S. and global outbreak, New York successfully flattened its curve and has thus far proven to be a model for how states can safely and cautiously lift lockdown restrictions.

The big picture: In total, New York state has reported over 401,000 confirmed coronavirus cases and over 32,000 deaths. Meanwhile, infections are surging in states across the Sunbelt that moved to quickly reopen after the initial outbreaks, with Florida reporting a record-breaking 15,000 new cases on Sunday.

Cuomo 2024!!!

‘What a complete garbage answer’: Janice Dean unimpressed with Gov. Andrew Cuomo accounting for nursing home deaths

But the real point is not where the death occurred per se,

it is the fact that the elderly were sent back to nursing homes that resulted in more deaths when if they had remained in the hospitals they would have been isolated.

• Thank you (+1) 1