What are some things that flew under the radar this season (good or bad)?

warrior9

I wouldn’t say it is under the radar, but having the offense lose concentration/execution ability several times during the season and in the playoffs is a knock on the coaching and players, the coaches have not been able to correct this issue as of yet, me, i certainly don’t have the answer, I also like stating the obvious...

Go Bills!!!

I'm not sure about an official ranking, but Josh Allen had to be near the bottom of the league in free (Offside) plays. I feel like he has a pretty good hard count and the DL will jump sometimes, but the C never would snap it with the guy in the neutral zone. Something kind of minor, but that can yield major results. 

Andre Roberts is a very trustworthy returner

Remarkably few injuries overall. 

Feliciano emerged as a worthy two position player. 

The jet sweep became a staple

Bills appeared to blitz more each game. 

Bills seemed to convert a lot of third and long plays. 

9 hours ago, Max Fischer said:

Andre Roberts is a very trustworthy returner

Remarkably few injuries overall. 

Feliciano emerged as a worthy two position player. 

The jet sweep became a staple

Bills appeared to blitz more each game. 

Bills seemed to convert a lot of third and long plays. 

I think this is as under the radar as it will get with national media and Bills fans. Josh was great on 3rd an 9+ this year. 

In terms of the jet sweep, I wonder if they ran that more just because of our personnel options and being a speedy WR corp or if it's something Daboll just really believes should be ran. 

41 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

I think this is as under the radar as it will get with national media and Bills fans. Josh was great on 3rd an 9+ this year. 

In terms of the jet sweep, I wonder if they ran that more just because of our personnel options and being a speedy WR corp or if it's something Daboll just really believes should be ran. 

I think Daboll wanted to establish it because of its potential for Hickery Dickery Still Further Trickery.  Like you got a hand off for a reverse and then next thing you know it’s a pitch to John Brown and he’s throwing a TD pass to....Devin Singletary or maybe....Josh Allen?

The problem with being great on 3rd and 9 is it begs the question how did you get in 3rd and 9 so much in the first place

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think Daboll wanted to establish it because of its potential for Hickery Dickery Still Further Trickery.  Like you got a hand off for a reverse and then next thing you know it’s a pitch to John Brown and he’s throwing a TD pass to....Devin Singletary or maybe....Josh Allen?

The problem with being great on 3rd and 9 is it begs the question how did you get in 3rd and 9 so much in the first place

I 100% agree with this. 

This was because of Daboll's love for running Frank Gore with a fullback and 3 TE's on 2nd and 8

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I haven't found the TEAM stats but for QBs, Allen and the Bills convert 3rd and long passes at a decent clip. In fact, Allen ranked 7th among the QBs here:

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=NFL&rank=047&type=Passing&year=

As for the raw number of 3rd and Longs, I haven't found the team number but the above link suggests the Bills are about average for the number of attempted passes in third and long. To find the average, I used the QBs that seemed to have played every game (that is, eliminated Mahomes, etc).