Sobering Thoughts for Bills Optimists

1. Agree or Disagree: Brandon Beane has done a fine job rebuilding this team, but he is more likely to be remembered in 2030 as "The Guy Who Passed on Deshaun Watson, Patrick Mahomes, and Lamar Jackson in His First Three Drafts" than as "The Guy Who Drafted Josh Allen." (Yes, I know that technically Doug Whaley was still the GM when we passed on Watson.)

2. Including the playoffs, the Bills finished the 2019 season scoring the following amount of points: 17, 17, 6, 19 (OT). They scored 30 or more points twice this year, both times against the Miami Dolphins.

3. The Tennessee Titans, starting a guy dumped by the Miami Dolphins, field a better offense than the Buffalo Bills, starting a QB drafted 7th overall in 2018. The Titans have scored 30 or more points in 5 of their last 7 games.

4. Since Marv Levy, the only current or former Bills coaches who have ever won a playoff game are named Rex Ryan and Doug Marrone.

5. I need to have my vision checked. I could have sworn I saw Josh Allen throw a pass 30 yards downfield to a double-covered Patrick DiMarco. 

6. The Bills finished the season losing 4 out of 5. The only QB they beat was named Duck Hodges. (Yes, I know that one was while playing mostly second stringers vs. the Jets.)

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

1. Agree or Disagree: Brandon Beane has done a fine job rebuilding this team, but he is more likely to be remembered in 2030 as "The Guy Who Passed on Deshaun Watson, Patrick Mahomes, and Lamar Jackson in His First Three Drafts" than as "The Guy Who Drafted Josh Allen." (Yes, I know that technically Doug Whaley was still the GM when we passed on Watson.)  Every year the same things can be said of every team on passing on guys and missing not going to fault him much for this.  This team is pretty solid.

2. Including the playoffs, the Bills finished the 2019 season scoring the following amount of points: 17, 17, 6, 19 (OT). They scored 30 or more points twice this year, both times against the Miami Dolphins.  This is common when you hire a Defensive minded guy as the head coach they want the offense to be conservative and not aggressive and let the defense dictate the game.

3. The Tennessee Titans, starting a guy dumped by the Miami Dolphins, field a better offense than the Buffalo Bills, starting a QB drafted 7th overall in 2018. The Titans have scored 30 or more points in 5 of their last 7 games.  Sometimes QB's need a fresh start and obviously Tannehill has taken full advantage alla Rich Gannon

4. Since Marv Levy, the only current or former Bills coaches who have ever won a playoff game are named Rex Ryan and Doug Marrone.  

5. I need to have my vision checked. I could have sworn I saw Josh Allen throw a pass 30 yards downfield to a double-covered Patrick DiMarco.  This was gross and it happened twice.  Dump the FB go to more spread formations which is what I think Allen plays better out of.

6. The Bills finished the season losing 4 out of 5. The only QB they beat was named Duck Hodges. (Yes, I know that one was while playing most second stringer vs. the Jets.)  The loss to Mayfiled was sick Defense gave up a late TD drive to lose that game.  Jackson/Brady are pretty good.  The last game meh data guys will use it in their analysis to paint the picture they want but that should not be counted.