The three primary goals vs the *Patriots

Simon

21 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I wouldn't say "deep game" or "3d chess."  I suspect McD doesn't care about beating NE and tipping his hand for the playoffs in a relatively meaningless game where things outside of Buffalo's control would need to happen for the Bills to win the division.  If the situation was that the Bills win and the AFCE is theirs, we would have seen a different game.

agreed on that !

On 12/22/2019 at 10:58 PM, Simon said:

The Bills knew darned well that game had virtually no meaning to them other than the potential to be a nuisance to the *Pats. They're the #5 seed and that's the way it was going to be regardless of what happened on Saturday. With that in mind I think they entered that game wanting to accomplish three things:

1) Nobody gets hurt

2) Don't put anything on tape

3) Don't turn the ball over on offense, play some bendy defense to shorten the game and if they're hanging around late, see if 4thqrtr Josh can steal a game you have no business winning.

How did it go?

1) Aside from Morse with a minor gimp late and Allen continuing to take a couple more shots than he needs to, they got it right. Mission Accomplished

2) I wish they hadn't kept going back to their TE's when they needed a play; that might be the only area where the *Pats defense doesn't excel and I'd have rather they kept that stuff completely out of the gameplan in case they see these guys again in 3 weeks. And Daboll needs to knock off the gambit where he's setting up a play by going off-tackle to the same side on the previous down; if it's getting predictable to some guy sitting at home on his couch, a smart backer is going to take one away in the redzone in a playoff game when he tries it again. So knock it off, Brian. But for the most part they got this one right too. Mission Accomplished

3) They didn't turn it over, they shortened the game and kept it close late and 4th qrtr Josh was about 6" from giving them a shot at a 2pt conversion to steal a game they had no business winning. Mission Accomplished

I don't think anybody in the locker was crying in their beers after that game, and I don't think anybody around here needs to be either.

In fact, I wouldn't be stunned to see the exact same "gameplan" next week. If the Bills come out half-stepping and the game vs the Jets turns out to be a loss that looks suspiciously similar to the one they took yesterday, I'm not going to worry about it and neither should you.

Fitzy beats the Pats. Mission Accomplished :doh: