Sports Illustrated Poll

It is a sin to engage in homosexual behavior  

28 members have voted

1. 1. It is a sin to engage in homosexual behavior

• Agree
    • Disagree

My opinion regarding gays in sports is this: As long as a gay guy does not try to touch me in my special place, then I do not have a problem with them.

Now if they act like a sissy on the field then that will take care of itself.....no sissys allowed rule normally works well.

On the other hand, if a good looking lesbian feels the need to touch my special place, then I may be more inclined to give her the go ahead....if you know what I mean. .)

Sports Illustrated has a survey on "gays in sports" where their own published results have the exact same question listed twice with conflicting percentages for each:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/maga...nded/index.html

Let's see how this board weighs in on this question alone.

303491[/snapback]

I agree that there are gays in sports...

Well, according to the Bible, it IS a sin! But, it is not the only sin enumerated in 1 Corinthians 6 for example. BUT, maybe more importantly, this text points out that we should leave up to the "godly" to do the judging.

1 Corinthians 6

1If any of you has a dispute with another, dare he take it before the ungodly for judgment instead of before the saints? 2Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if you are to judge the world, are you not competent to judge trivial cases? 3Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life! 4Therefore, if you have disputes about such matters, appoint as judges even men of little account in the church![a] 5I say this to shame you. Is it possible that there is nobody among you wise enough to judge a dispute between believers? 6But instead, one brother goes to law against another–and this in front of unbelievers!

7The very fact that you have lawsuits among you means you have been completely defeated already. Why not rather be wronged? Why not rather be cheated? 8Instead, you yourselves cheat and do wrong, and you do this to your brothers.

9Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders 10nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

12“Everything is permissible for me”–but not everything is beneficial. “Everything is permissible for me”–but I will not be mastered by anything. 13“Food for the stomach and the stomach for food”–but God will destroy them both. The body is not meant for sexual immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body. 14By his power God raised the Lord from the dead, and he will raise us also. 15Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ himself? Shall I then take the members of Christ and unite them with a prostitute? Never! 16Do you not know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, “The two will become one flesh.” 17But he who unites himself with the Lord is one with him in spirit.

18Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body. 19Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.

SO, immoral heterosexuals, idolaters, adulterers, thieves, greedy, drunkards, slanderers, & swindlers ALL are just as "guilty" in committing their "sin" as practicing homosexuals.

SO, immoral heterosexuals, idolaters, adulterers, thieves, greedy, drunkards, slanderers, & swindlers ALL are just as "guilty" in committing their "sin" as practicing homosexuals.

303646[/snapback]

immoral heterosexuals

adulterers

greedy

drunkards

who me? :doh:

303646[/snapback]

That phrase pretty much describes 99% of politicians at the national level. Scary.

"Blessed are they that do His Commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie." (Revelation 22:14-15 KJV)

"But Jesus stooped down, and with His finger wrote on the ground, as though He heard them not. So when they continued asking Him, He lifted up Himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. And again He stooped down, and wrote on the ground."

"And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst."

MATTHEW 7:1-5:

"Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull the mote out of thine eye; and behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast the mote out of thy brother's eye."

Heaven's gonna be a lonely place.

303777[/snapback]

eventually hell's gonna get so crowded that Satan will launch an all out Return of the King style assault on heaven and all the morman's will have to rely on a small boy and his PSP to save them

/sniffs marker

Sports Illustrated has a survey on "gays in sports" where their own published results have the exact same question listed twice with conflicting percentages for each:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/maga...nded/index.html

Let's see how this board weighs in on this question alone.

303491[/snapback]

Well it's a difficult poll question for me because I'm bi-sexual...

...when I want sex I have to buy it.

Well it's a difficult poll question for me because I'm bi-sexual...

...when I want sex I have to buy it.

304562[/snapback]

Sad.

Maybe you and stevestojam could get together, he say's he a free spirit.

Thou, you should still wear a condom.............. :D

;)

That phrase pretty much describes 99% of politicians at the national level.  Scary.

"Blessed are they that do His Commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie." (Revelation 22:14-15 KJV)

"But Jesus stooped down, and with His finger wrote on the ground, as though He heard them not. So when they continued asking Him, He lifted up Himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. And again He stooped down, and wrote on the ground."

"And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst."

"Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull the mote out of thine eye; and behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast the mote out of thy brother's eye."

303777[/snapback]

If there was a poll sanctioned by Sports Illustrated asking how many of our sports heroes are "born again" I'm sure the opinions would be diverse as well....from the anti-Christian crowd to the zealots.

Then there's the old quote from a washed up baseball pitcher: "If a ball player found out that there's a way through believe that he can tack on a couple wins a year he'd be in church everyday."

<<Well, according to the Bible, it IS a sin! But, it is not the only sin enumerated in 1 Corinthians 6 for example. BUT, maybe more importantly, this text points out that we should leave up to the "godly" to do the judging.>>

Which begs the question of "who is godly". The self-annointed godly who presume to judge are not infrequently immoral or amoral themselves.

As long as a gay guy does not try to touch me in my special place, then I do not have a problem with them.

303588[/snapback]

What exactly makes you think a homosexual man would even find you attractive? I've got news for you, if most women find you repulsive, so will most gay men.

That phrase pretty much describes 99% of politicians at the national level.  Scary.

303777[/snapback]

I think the passage says that you are in trouble if you are any of those things. I think AD is saying that 99% of politicians are all of those things.

Maybe they are, as they believe, smarter than all of us. It is posssible that if you commit sin A, the only way to cancel it out is to commit sin B. If you only commit sin A, you are in trouble. The politicians are rolling the dice, but if their perceived method is the correct one, they will enjoy heaven with each other as we all languish in the hell of having not sinned enough.

I'm of the opinion that God gave us freewill to make our own choices and that He'll pass judgment on all of us later.  I guess we'll all find out then.

303527[/snapback]

well said......I've never understood why anyone would find the notion of a same sex relationship to be attractive, but that aside, I share your view. I couldn't have stated it any better myself.

I don't know what *you* may mean by "sin," but I took it to mean just plain "wrong."

And I do not think it is wrong to engage in homosexual behavior.

I go to a health club in Philly. It's got a basketball court, which is why I'm a member, and it's also got a high gay population. There are gay guys on the machines, on the court, and in the lockerroom. Big deal.