Josh Allen - week FOURTEEN report card

rayray808

58 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I find it more odd than anything else. But then again, if you're married to a take and are willing to go down with it, I suppose it makes some sense.

I was here each of the last few weeks posting about how Allen played well.

Yesterday he was terrible. 

1 hour ago, Pokebball said:

In my humble opinion, the times when the pocket didn't break down was the exception yesterday.  The edges were runways straight to our QB.  The offense as a whole just didn't execute.  I'm so frustrated with the blocking on our screens and flat routes.  These are badly needed against blitzes and our WRs and even TEs are constantly missing their blocking assignments.  There was one yesterday where Beas was behind Singletary instead of out in front of him.  The entire scheme on these is missing and missing badly.  If I was an opposing DC, I'd blitz all the time until we get these fixed.

I do think it's odd that when our opponents set up a nice screen pass, I immediately see a wall of blockers out in front picking off our LB's and DB's.   I don't see the same wall of blockers when the Bills try to execute it. maybe one out of five tries they do it right.

• Like (+1) 1

I'd give him a C as well.  The first quarter was horrid but Allen got better throughout the game. The Ravens are damn good and had a very good game plan. 

The Good: 

• JA is a leader, he had them in a position to tie the game. It was not all Allen, the run game really picked up but Allen is their leader. 
  • I believe Allen's adjusted completion will be much higher. 
  • JA got better. He started to change plays, many of them worked.  

The Bad:

• Still lacks touch on most deep throws. (Though the Beasley drop was very nice - more that please)
  • Broke the pocket too soon on some plays and stayed too long on others.  Credit to Ravens scheme. 
  • Needs work on pre-snap pressure recognition. Would like to know if Allen didn't call hot reads or didn't pull the trigger. 

In the Middle:

• I love Frank Gore as a person and believe he's should be first ballot Hall of Fame, but I think he's starting to hurt the offense.  Too one-dimensional. 
  • Receivers dropped a LOT of passes (Beasley, Knox were particularly devastating)
  • Poor pass protection game (some runs as well). Watching live it looked like Dawkins worst game of the year. 
  • I wondered why Daboll didn't call any jet sweeps, or even motioned the sweep. 
  • Awesome! (+1) 1