TNF: Pittsburgh at Cleveland, 8:20 ET on Fox & NFLN

8 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

No.

Garrett started the whole thing by slamming Rudolph into the ground and giving the hit a little something extra particularly considering the score and time remaining on the clock.

That's what pissed Rudolph off to begin with.  He then greatly accelerated the whole thing by starting to pull off Garrett's helmet.

That in turn pissed off Garrett and he started to rip off Rudolph's helmet, then hit him on the head with it!  

Pouncey reacted to the helmet hit by kicking Garrett, punching him, waving his arms around like a little girl, and generally engaging in conduct unfitting for a man, particularly one as large and strong as him.

After the helmet hit, Ogunjobi comes out of nowhere and body slams Rudolph to the ground for good measure!

As is always the case with these NFL incidents, despite the size and strength of the combatants, the "fighting" is embarrassing and there weren't many punches thrown.  I'm amazed at the weak reaction from the Pittsburgh OL considering that Garrett basically raped their QB on the field.

These big OL guys are all like big dogs.  Peaceful and wimpy by nature.  

It's the little scrappy terriers that try to rip your head off.

Please.  I'm guessing a couple of games suspension.  

I will be watching, but this used to happen all the time in the NHL 20 years ago.

That second "revenge game" almost never played out as hoped for, you know?  9 out of 10 times it was a disappointment. 

It won't help if Garrett is suspended and therefore not playing as well.

If he was in the game, there might be more opportunity for some rough stuff to occur.

The nordiques-sabres rivalry never failed to entertain. Ric Seiling going after Dale Hunter is one of my favorite hockey memories.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, billsintaiwan said:

The nordiques-sabres rivalry never failed to entertain. Ric Seiling going after Dale Hunter is one of my favorite hockey memories.

In the same vein, the night Rob Ray had Claude Lemieux down on the ice, literally begging for mercy, is one of my personal favorite memories.

If you notice in that one, Rob is punching him with the side of his fist in an awkward way.  Rob clarified many years later that he had hurt his hand in the altercation and though he broke a bone in his finger, so he had to punch him in this manner.

Ah, here it is!  What we do without Youtube?

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Rumor had it that if we had not traded up for Allen we would have drafted Rudolph.  

Thoughts?

Love Rudolph, shame he has already has his brain turned to mush in half a season... then easily could've died again on the field only a few weeks removed from such a brutal KO. Garrett is a POS.

That hit couldn't have tickled but Garrett is soooooo lucky physics was defied and somehow that helmet didn't keep twisting the way it should've, with the crown of the helmet landing flush to his skull or he'd be the first murderer led from the field in handcuffs.

Pouncey should've made sure his helmet was off before repeatedly curb stomping his bi@+# @$$ into oblivion...

Edited by Sherlock Holmes