Some inside tidbits from One Bills Drive

1.  Tight End situation.  It's already been reported that Mark Campbell's rehab is ahead of schedule.  Tim Euhus is also doing very well with his.  Also, Jason Peters move to OT is not as locked in stone as earlier reported.  TE may not be as big of a need as originally thought.

2.  Running Back - Once the TH situation is resolved, we will bring in a veteran RB to backup WM.  We need someone who could start for 4-6 weeks if WM got hurt.  Hearst is probably not durable enough to be counted on to start if WM gets hurt.

3.  Nate Clements - Nate brings a lot of things to the team but he's not a great cover CB.  (for example, Jacksonville game).  But the turnovers and punt returns will make him a high profile guy who others might overpay for.

301410[/snapback]

wow, thats some deep insider info. So you source didn't think NC is a good cover corner because a former pro bowl wide receiver made a career highlight catch? Guess all those folks who voted Nate to the Probowl are douche bags.

Whoever this mysterious employee is, I hope to god they never have any input on player evaluation or personell decisions.

301671[/snapback]

I agree. He had one bad game last year, but was solid everywhere else. He's a great cover guy IMO. Everyone remember the Cincy game? He blanketed Chad Johnson.

Nate made a mistake in that game, going for the INT instead of the PD. Admittedly it was a costly one that cost the team a chance at winning, but I won't hold it against him and think he's learned from it. That being said, if I think the Bills could keep him for the year, franchise him next year and then trade him for a 1st rounder, I'd do that in a second. I'm averse to the idea of paying one player what a franchise CB makes, but I also don't know if the Bills could move Nate, like the Raiders are having trouble moving Woodson.

That's why Nate has more INTs than any current Bill.

301670[/snapback]

That was tossed in like it actually means something. Yeah, NC is a great CB, and TD should ante up to keep him; I'm not arguing about that. But this is a team where Troy Vincent was the first safety to get an interception for the first time in about three years in the Browns game. Which just gives further proof that losing Clements would be devastating to the secondary.

That's why Nate has more INTs than any current Bill.

garbage

301670[/snapback]

Well, except for Vincent and Milloy. Another way to look at it is that he has the second least INT's of the starting backfield. :P

I think Clements has improved a ton, and made strides each year. Last year was by far his best and there is no reason to think that he won't improve a little more with a little more experience. I also don't think TD is just going to let him go. He still misses too many tackles for me, especially when a guy catches a 3 yard out and Nate charges him (although he often gets a fantastic lick on the guy when he does that, too) but he has become an excellent CB.

I agree.  He had one bad game last year, but was solid everywhere else.  He's a great cover guy IMO.  Everyone remember the Cincy game?  He blanketed Chad Johnson.

301918[/snapback]

he didn't have a bad game that game - he made a great pick early on deep in jaguar territory that led to the bills' only td. as for the jimmy smith catch, isn't it about time we gave that future hall of famer some credit for making a sensational play??

skeptical of this post.

#3 is BS. CLements IS a good cover corner. That's why so few people threw his way all year. That's why teams picked on the other side. That's why Nate has more INTs than any current Bill. That's why Nate was a probowl alternate.

garbage

301670[/snapback]

Garbage it most definitely is...

What we seem to have going on here at TSW over the past week or so can be easily explained as "Lack of 1st Round Pick Fever..." As we all know, a Fever can make some delirious...Delirious enough to come up with all sorts of reasons to Trade a guy who is obviously one of the Bills better Players...It seems some will do anything to get into the 1st Round...Thankfully TD is not among them... :P

Nate made a mistake in that game, going for the INT instead of the PD.  Admittedly it was a costly one that cost the team a chance at winning, but I won't hold it against him and think he's learned from it.  That being said, if I think the Bills could keep him for the year, franchise him next year and then trade him for a 1st rounder, I'd do that in a second.  I'm averse to the idea of paying one player what a franchise CB makes, but I also don't know if the Bills could move Nate, like the Raiders are having trouble moving Woodson.

302004[/snapback]

Come on now guys. He was one of many who let that game go. Nate didn't allow 3 straight 4th down conversions in the 4th all by his lonesome!!!

:P

Come on now guys.    He was one of many who let that game go.  Nate didn't allow 3 straight 4th down conversions in the 4th all by his lonesome!!!

That's what I was trying to say, i.e. that he didn't lose the game by himself. But had he played smarter, the Bills would have won the game and thus made the playoffs. He obviously acquitted himself nicely with the rest of his season and making the Pro Bowl, even as an alternate.