A Few Thoughts about the Redskins Game, in no particular order

Virgil

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Um...No fumbles lost.  Allen fumbled twice, though.

Something that will not go unnoticed throughout the league. 

The threat of Allen running helps the O provided Josh Allen protects himself and the football. When he doesn't protect himself or the football the whole team becomes vulnerable IMO. 

17 minutes ago, Figster said:

Something that will not go unnoticed throughout the league. 

The threat of Allen running helps the O provided Josh Allen protects himself and the football. When he doesn't protect himself or the football the whole team becomes vulnerable IMO. 

I hope this is something they can and are working on - drills with the RBs and TEs maybe?

24 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

3f96kl.thumb.jpg.6733be0b279177a39a93946ff66ca141.jpg

Perfect.  PERFECT!

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Um...No fumbles lost.  Allen fumbled twice, though.

Did he actually fumble twice? It says here in the individual stats that he fumbled twice, but if you search "fumble" in the play-by-play, it only comes up once. I can't recall him fumbling outside of that running play in which Norman forced the fumble. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201911030buf.htm

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I hope this is something they can and are working on - drills with the RBs and TEs maybe?

Perfect.  PERFECT!

I was thinking the same thing.

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

Did he actually fumble twice? It says here in the individual stats that he fumbled twice, but if you search "fumble" in the play-by-play, it only comes up once. I can't recall him fumbling outside of that running play in which Norman forced the fumble. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201911030buf.htm

I think it was a botched snap Allen picked up.

3 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I found it.  In the play-by-play, they call it an "aborted snap" "recovered by Josh Allen".  It was in the 1Q, just before the FG we kicked.

But I guess they have no statistical category for "aborted snap" so statistically, it's a fumble.

• Thank you (+1) 2

Nice stuff, Virgil.

I was at the game.  That punt definitely was a shank.  The moment it came off his foot/leg it was a disaster.   

My view of Bojo is that he has a big leg and no technique.   He doesn't have any of the finer skills that Moorman had and that many current punters have.   

For example, I didn't see a replay, but I wouldn't be surprised if he shanked that punt because the ball was windblown as he dropped it.   That is, he was taking his usual big swing at the ball with his usual drop, and with that big swing he couldn't adjust as the ball moved.   That's completely a guess.  But if that's what happened, it shouldn't.  He needs a shorter drop and a shorter leg swing.  And he needs to keep the kick low - get it up into the wind and it's going to come back to you.   And the punt coverage has to adjust to the fact that there will be less hang time but probably more roll.   Bojo seems like he just wails away each time and hopes for the best.  

Allen was really good.  He just didn't throw a lot.   He managed pretty well in the wind.  

• Like (+1) 1