Wednesday media availability - Allen and Micah Hyde

I have wondered if there is a protocol in place for media at press conferences. I havent listened to every press conference but is the media allowed to ask direct questions like Why Singletary didnt get any carries in the first half? Asking Daboll why so many QB runs. Asking Allen why he is having trouble connecting on the deeper routes.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/josh-allen-we-believe-in-the-guys-we-got

Allen looks a bit different in demeanor this conference.  Less relaxed, more businesslike.

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/micah-hyde-we-are-an-attack-defense

My thoughts last Sunday is they talked the talk but forgot to back up the talk throughout the game 

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Allen looks a bit different in demeanor this conference.  Less relaxed, more businesslike.

Allen presser:

-has supreme trust in Kroft that he's going to come down with the ball, trying to get as many reps as they can working on timing

-Question: "13 points isn't going to win you a lot of games in this league" Answer: "Correct" ? 

Allen went on to say they are moving the ball well and need to limit turnovers ("myself included") and negative plays such as penalties (durrr) and he thinks it's correctable.  "That's why we play the game".  Pointed out that the near bottom-of-the-league on plays per penalty or turnover points to the same thing, they are hurting themselves and can fix it.

Question: "Josh, do you know who you play after the Redskins?"

JA: (looks taken aback): "I honestly don't"

Question: " you have a stretch of games where you could stack up a bunch of wins based on record.  How do you keep from looking ahead, how do you take it one game at a time?"

JA: (looks bemused): "Ah, I hope my answer....I honestly don't know who we play after this week, but we're all focused on the Redskins"

Said he was late to the presser because of extra work on long throws. :thumbsup:

He didn't look as confident and happy, but he didn't look down either. 

Just very businesslike, as though the presser was something he accepted he had to get through and get back to work.

55 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Looks pretty relaxed here!

hee hee so he does.  "Work hard, play hard" (but not too hard!).  Did you notice the comment that he needed a guitar, perhaps with "Will you marry me Britt?" on it?

Probably reading into it, but seems like everyone participating in the pressers this week has been clipped and focused.

Perhaps squeaking out wins created a false sense that they were playing better or further along than they actually were and the way they were beat by the Eagles was a wake up call.

Allen being oblivious to what team they play after Washington, which seemed genuine, tells me they are very focused on their next opponent. Will be very curious how they respond as a team this week - the defense in particular as they have not had a beat down like that for a while.

I know folks have said it was not that bad of a game by the D, but having a team hang more than 30 points on you, rush for over 200 yards, and dominate TOP, is not a great day at the office.

The offense I am less worried about oddly enough. Could be wrong, but I think that if McD pulled the reigns a bit on Daboll and provided more input into that game plan, they will come out with more balance using their backs, will lean on what works better, and have a better overall strategy for this game.

1 minute ago, WideNine said:

Probably reading into it, but seems like everyone participating in the pressers this week has been clipped and focused.

Perhaps squeaking out wins created a false sense that they were playing better or further along than they actually were and the way they were beat by the Eagles was a wake up call.

Allen being oblivious to what team they play after Washington, which seemed genuine, tells me they are very focused on their next opponent. Will be very curious how they respond as a team this week - the defense in particular as they have not had a beat down like that for a while.

I know folks have said it was not that bad of a game by the D, but having a team hang more than 30 points on you, rush for over 200 yards, and dominate TOP, is not a great day at the office.

The offense I am less worried about oddly enough. Could be wrong, but I think that if McD pulled the reigns a bit on Daboll and provided more input into that game plan, they will come out with more balance using their backs, will lean on what works better, and have a better overall strategy for this game.

You may be reading into it, but I'm seeing the same thing.

I know when we beat the Dolphins I was kind of like "eh, we caught Fitzmagic and we badly missed Milano, we're down on the 3rd string"

Folks who have said it was not that bad of a game by the D are wrong, or suffering confirmation bias.  Yes, the D played decently in the first half, but they came out in the 2nd half like Roadrunner facing Coyote (guess who played Roadrunner, beep beep).  Football games: 2 halves, no bonus for winning the 1st half.  They played well on 1/2 to 2/3 of the downs, but again, 3  offensive downs normally - no bonus for 2 out of 3.  People who want to play the "except for that one 65 yard run..they were good" are indulging themselves as much as "except for that one fumble lost by Allen in the 1st half....would be.

I agree that IMO, Daboll needs to "coach his coaches" and perhaps exercise more oversight on Daboll and perhaps that would help.  It seemed that happened after the Green Bay debacle last year and had a positive effect.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

Does anyone think that the Bills organization will EVER hire an audio/video person who can properly produce one of these goddamn press conferences??????

Is it really that hard?????

Why is it an unreasonable expectation to be able to hear the QUESTIONS and not just the answers????

Outraged.

I think there was a comment similar to this and someone from the media said that they don't want their question recorded because it was "intellectual property" or some BS like that. Not sure if it was a bills presser or not but I vaguely remember this. 

Also, I don't even need to watch/listen to the video too complain about them using mono audio. 

55 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Allen presser:

-has supreme trust in Kroft that he's going to come down with the ball, trying to get as many reps as they can working on timing

-Question: "13 points isn't going to win you a lot of games in this league" Answer: "Correct" ? 

Allen went on to say they are moving the ball well and need to limit turnovers ("myself included") and negative plays such as penalties (durrr) and he thinks it's correctable.  "That's why we play the game".  Pointed out that the near bottom-of-the-league on plays per penalty or turnover points to the same thing, they are hurting themselves and can fix it.

Question: "Josh, do you know who you play after the Redskins?"

JA: (looks taken aback): "I honestly don't"

Question: " you have a stretch of games where you could stack up a bunch of wins based on record.  How do you keep from looking ahead, how do you take it one game at a time?"

JA: (looks bemused): "Ah, I hope my answer....I honestly don't know who we play after this week, but we're all focused on the Redskins"

Said he was late to the presser because of extra work on long throws. :thumbsup:

He didn't look as confident and happy, but he didn't look down either. 

Just very businesslike, as though the presser was something he accepted he had to get through and get back to work.

hee hee so he does.  "Work hard, play hard" (but not too hard!).  Did you notice the comment that he needed a guitar, perhaps with "Will you marry me Britt?" on it?

What an asinine question, is J Allen supposed to remember the schedule, was this reporters attempt at come kind of "gotcha question'?

28 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I think there was a comment similar to this and someone from the media said that they don't want their question recorded because it was "intellectual property" or some BS like that. Not sure if it was a bills presser or not but I vaguely remember this. 

Also, I don't even need to watch/listen to the video too complain about them using mono audio. 

Correct.  When you see/hear another station/channel play an interview from another outlet, you dont hear the question, you cant play a replay a quote from Schoop the Bulldog on WKBW, but you can hear the answer from the coach/player.  

It's really not even that hard.  From years of moderating sessions at various conferences, the moderator (or the speaker) leads off by repeating the question.

"The question was...." and then answer.

The challenge there is that a lot of our reporters tend to expatiate a while and it can be challenging to figure out "just what is your question?"

Wawrow