Josh Hamilton (MLB) Faces Felony After Allegedly Assaulting 14-Year-Old Daughter

Gugny

"... She fell to the floor, from which he lifted her, threw her over his shoulder and carried her to her bedroom.

The girl said at this point she was telling Hamilton, "I'm sorry.'' Upon reaching her bedroom door, he tossed the teen onto her bed, pressed her face onto the mattress and began hitting her legs with an open hand and closed fist.

She said that after he finished striking her, he told her, "I hope you go in front of the f---ing judge and tell him what a terrible dad I am so I don't have to see you anymore and you don't have to come to my house again.''

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/27968802/ex-ranger-josh-hamilton-faces-felony-charge-injury-child

15 minutes ago, thebug said:

What an asshat! 

It certainly looks that way. I’m not absolving him of anything, but it’s FAR more complicated than that. It’s just sad from every angle you can possibly look at it. 

I’ll just leave it at that and let others thrash it about. 

4 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

He hates himself. 

I think he hates the demons within himself. That’s different. 

Edited by Augie

1 minute ago, Augie said:

It certainly looks that way. I’m not absolving him of anything, but it’s FAR more complicated than that. It’s just sad from every angle you can possibly look at it. 

I’ll just leave it at that and let others thrash it about. 

I think he hates the demons within himself. That’s different. 

Don’t care how complicated it is. You treat your child like that, you are an asshat. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, thebug said:

Don’t care how complicated it is. You treat your child like that, you are an asshat. 

Of course. That is 100% correct. 

Did you ever stop to wonder how it got that awful? It’s NOT an excuse, but there may be an explanation. 

It can be VERY complicated. That doesn’t make it right by any stretch of the imagination. I’ve seen some crazy stuff, and I get how convoluted life can become. Trust me there. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Mental illness left untreated and drug abuse at the core. 

One often leads to the other. It’s sad, and often people who have not been exposed in any way fail to comprehend the reality and frequency of this problem. 

12 minutes ago, Augie said:

Of course. That is 100% correct. 

Did you ever stop to wonder how it got that awful? It’s NOT an excuse, but there may be an explanation. 

It can be VERY complicated. That doesn’t make it right by any stretch of the imagination. I’ve seen some crazy stuff, and I get how convoluted life can become. Trust me there. 

Do you just reply to people to agree and disagree to make yourself heard?  

Yeah, we have all seen and been through a lot of *****. He’s an asshat regardless. 

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

One often leads to the other. It’s sad, and often people who have not been exposed in any way fail to comprehend the reality and frequency of this problem. 

A lot of people don't understand that his mental illness and drug addiction is a lifelong battle that will always plague him. Some people who have this mental health problem are fortunate to get the necessary help and be able to live a reasonable life. There are people who have had medical help but still are overwhelmed with this everlasting disease. It's a complicated problem that for those unfortunate to have this problem are never fully relieved of the problem. 

7 minutes ago, thebug said:

Yeah, we have all seen and been through a lot of *****. He’s an asshat regardless. 

If you had a family member who had this problem maybe you would have more empathy and compassion for those who suffer from this tormenting illness. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

A lot of people don't understand that his mental illness and drug addiction is a lifelong battle that will always plague him. Some people who have this mental health problem are fortunate to get the necessary help and be able to live a reasonable life. There are people who have had medical help but still are overwhelmed with this everlasting disease. It's a complicated problem that for those unfortunate to have this problem are never fully relieved of the problem. 

If you had a family member who had this problem maybe you would have more empathy and compassion for those who suffer from this tormenting illness. 

Really? You know me? You know my experiences? He’s an asshat regardless of circumstances. Period! 

2 minutes ago, thebug said:

Umm, what does this even mean? 

Yes, I reply to make a point where I feel it’s valid. Do you not do the same thing? 

Maybe you should talk less and listen more. What he did (as I understand it) is absolutely horrific. MY point was you might want to try to look into the WHY.  The WHY does not excuse anything, and he needs to face the piper on this......but I try to understand the WHY.  

Unfortunately, I have WAY more knowledge about addiction and related behavior than I ever wanted to have. I just like to put EVERYTHING in it’s proper perspective. You still pay your dues for wrongdoings, but see it in a full and open way. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, thebug said:

Really? You know me? You know my experiences? He’s an asshat regardless of circumstances. Period! 

All I really know about you is your wife has huge boobs. That’s as classy as it gets. You lose any sense of credibility you might have earned after that. Your opinion beyond that moment is meaningless, and your views on mental health and addiction are beyond worthless. 

Just now, Augie said:

All I really know about you is your wife has huge boobs. That’s as classy as it gets. You lose any sense of credibility you might have earned after that. Your opinion beyond that moment is meaningless, and your views on mental health and addiction are beyond worthless. 

Take a hike. That was a joke! Move along you are a waste of time. 

I wonder if all you bleeding hearts would feel the same if this guy worked at the 7-11? Maybe then you would have more concern for the young lady? Oh, wait, he’s a “hero.”

Just now, thebug said:

I’m right here. I don’t waste a lot of time on pointless nonsense, but if you think I’m going anywhere because of you and your nonsense......

11 minutes ago, thebug said:

I wonder if all you bleeding hearts would feel the same if this guy worked at the 7-11? Maybe then you would have more concern for the young lady? Oh, wait, he’s a “hero.”

You are embarrassing yourself. I don’t care if he’s the NFL MVP or janitor at the local middle school. It’s about mental health and addiction. Feel free to rant to your heart’s content now. 

Just now, Augie said:

You are embarrassing yourself. I don’t care if he’s the NFL MVP or janitor at the local middle school. It’s about mental health and addiction. Feel free to rant to your heart’s content now. 

Really? You forget, it’s also about that young girl. Feel free to continue to make excuses for him. 

You seem to think you are the only one with experience in the area. Wrong! 

23 minutes ago, Augie said:

Umm, what does this even mean? 

Yes, I reply to make a point where I feel it’s valid. Do you not do the same thing? 

Maybe you should talk less and listen more. What he did (as I understand it) is absolutely horrific. MY point was you might want to try to look into the WHY.  The WHY does not excuse anything, and he needs to face the piper on this......but I try to understand the WHY.  

Unfortunately, I have WAY more knowledge about addiction and related behavior than I ever wanted to have. I just like to put EVERYTHING in it’s proper perspective. You still pay your dues for wrongdoings, but see it in a full and open way. 

Absolute arrogance and ignorance in this post.