*2024 UB Football Thread*

Buffalo716

20 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Bowling Green is good. they went down to Liberty and nearly beat them on the road. Liberty spanked us at home. (stadium was empty for the game btw wtf).

Bowling Green also beat Georgia Tech on the road. They are tested and tough

Part of me wants to see the Bulls lose badly so Linguist is moved on from sooner than later yet as Promo alluded the Bulls might be stuck with him for another few seasons. 

Edited by The Jokeman

4 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Welp Bowling Green won. Looks like there will be no Balding.co Sarsaparilla Bowl after all

Defense was pretty okay. I need someone to explain what the offensive plan was supposed to be, other than running the same 5 plays and putting in a backup QB that can't complete a pass.

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Defense was pretty okay. I need someone to explain what the offensive plan was supposed to be, other than running the same 5 plays and putting in a backup QB that can't complete a pass.

I was listening on the radio and even peck and the other guy were openly questioning these things 

5 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Can we get rid of the track around the football field?

Which other college games did you watch this weekend and see a track?

It’s like Amherst high school out there

Costs money to do that. it might be more cost effective overall to build something new.

7 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Can we get rid of the track around the football field?

Which other college games did you watch this weekend and see a track?

It’s like Amherst high school out there

Pretty sure that Eastern Michigan has a track and so does Nevada 

Appalachian state just got rid of there's a few years ago 

On 10/15/2023 at 12:45 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

Costs money to do that. it might be more cost effective overall to build something new.

Yes long term I think UB should work towards a new football stadium. But I will say I don’t think it would happen until the mid 2030’s at earliest after the Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabres are taken care of in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

On 10/15/2023 at 2:54 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Pretty sure that Eastern Michigan has a track and so does Nevada 

Appalachian state just got rid of there's a few years ago 

Yes and USC Trojans finally removed there track but they had one at Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum for years. Also Buffalo Civic Stadium/Buffalo War Memorial Stadium use to have a race track around it in the 1940’s and 1950’s so yes it’s a built in parroting excuse to really not wanting to go to the game which is fine. Buffalo Bills fans use to watch the Buffalo Bills behind a pole at the old Buffalo War Memorial Stadium. I saw Buffalo Bisons games at Buffalo War Memorial Stadium you went because you were a Buffalo sports fan. You either want to go or you don’t. I would still go to Buffalo Bisons games at War Memorial Stadium behind a pole today because I am a Buffalo sports fan and a Buffalo Bisons fan. The UB Bulls could play at Tim Buck Too and I going to the UB Bulls game because I love the UB Bulls you either want to go or you don’t in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

Yes and USC Trojans finally removed there track but they had one at Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum for years. Also Buffalo Civic Stadium/Buffalo War Memorial Stadium use to have a race track around it in the 1940’s and 1950’s so yes it’s a built in parroting excuse to really not wanting to go to the game which is fine. Buffalo Bills fans use to watch the Buffalo Bills behind a pole at the old Buffalo War Memorial Stadium. I saw Buffalo Bisons games at Buffalo War Memorial Stadium you went because you were a Buffalo sports fan. You either want to go or you don’t. I would still go to Buffalo Bisons games at War Memorial Stadium behind a pole today because I am a Buffalo sports fan and a Buffalo Bisons fan. The UB Bulls could play at Tim Buck Too and I going to the UB Bulls game because I love the UB Bulls you either want to go or you don’t in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Thank you for sticking around 

On 10/15/2023 at 6:50 AM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Coach likes WNY so much that he's purposely being underwhelming to avoid being recruited to a bigger university's football program? 🤔

Maurice Linquist could lose all the rest of the UB Bulls football games and he is back next year and the next few seasons regardless because of his contract has too much term on it for UB donors to just buy out unfortunately so asking for that isn’t happening. What UB can do is the Wade Phillips Ronnie Jones deal and make Maurice Linquist fire his incompetent offensive coordinator friend or be fired himself for insubordination is the only way to try and right the UB Bulls football ship. The UB new offensive coordinator is way over his head and should be replaced at season end. I would also look to fire UB AD Mark Allnut he created this mess along with extending UB men’s basketball coach Jim Whitesell’s contract is enough just cause to fire the UB athletic director in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by Buffalo Super Fan

Huge road win for the Buffalo Bulls over the Kent State Golden Flashes. UB Bulls are right where they want to be now it is up to the UB Bulls players. If you want to win the MAC East you have to beat the Miami and the Ohio’s. 
It should be a fun run the rest of the MAC season looking forward to the Halloween game against the Toledo Rockets in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

UB getting rolled by Toledo. No surprise. We look helpless.

Really? I am surprised at the regression of UB Bulls football in 2023. Buffalo beat Toledo last season. I question the great talent Maurice Linquist is being sold as this great recruiter by his UB supporters. I see the exact opposite Maurice Linquist won with the remaining Lance Leipold players that stayed. These are now mostly Maurice Linquist players slow and not good enough. As UB Bulls fans we are stuck with Maurice Linquist at least two more years than hopefully by the end of the 2025 season UB Jim Whitesell’s him. I don’t see UB Bulls being MAC championship contenders again until 2027 or 2028 at the earliest what a sad state of affairs with UB Bulls football. Until UB Bulls do something with Maurice Linquist there is no hope until he is replaced as UB Bulls head football coach in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo