• Yes
    • No

Oil-For-Food

Haiti

Congo

Sudan

North Korea

etc.

Should he still have his job after being an absolute failure with these and other "actions," or should he be allowed to put his reform plan into place?

FOX Thingy

How we can trust the most incompetent UN bureaucrat of all time to implement reform? That he hasn't been thrown out of his ass yet is mind-boggling...

296626[/snapback]

Well, you wouldn't want to make the UN look bad by forcing his resignation. :lol:

Oil-For-Food

Haiti

Congo

Sudan

North Korea

etc.

Should he still have his job after being an absolute failure with these and other "actions," or should he be allowed to put his reform plan into place?

FOX Thingy

296609[/snapback]

I'd really like to see someone come to Kofi's defense. It would be entertaining.

I'd really like to see someone come to Kofi's defense. It would be entertaining.

296647[/snapback]

He makes great fondu!

That's all I got.

FWIW- I voted no, but only on a matter of semantics. He should have been relieved of his responsibilities a year and a half ago.

I don't think the UN is intrinsically diabolical or evil, but like all bureaucracies, be it IBM, the NFL, or the US Government, there are people who slide by on plausible deniability, and it's accepted without the bat of an eye.

As unfair as it may sound, the person in charge may not always be responsible for the actions that take place under his watch, but he should always be held accountable for them.

FWIW- I voted no, but only on a matter of semantics.  He should have been relieved of his responsibilities a year and a half ago.

I don't think the UN is intrinsically diabolical or evil, but like all bureaucracies, be it IBM, the NFL, or the US Government, there are people who slide by on plausible deniability, and it's accepted without the bat of an eye. 

As unfair as it may sound, the person in charge may not always be responsible for the actions that take place under his watch, but he should always be held accountable for them.

296704[/snapback]

kitty!

Thats all I got. :lol:

So much for my reading pleasure................ :lol:

What???? You're not being consistant..........

kitty!

Thats all I got. :lol:

So much for my reading pleasure................ :lol:

What???? You're not being consistant..........

296874[/snapback]

It's the "buck stop here" mentality that has gone the way of the dodo.

Anan can shrug his shoulders and claim he wasn't aware of this problem or that irregularity, but ultimately, he's in charge, it's his job to know. And if there is a multitude of serious problems like what the UN has endured under his watch, there needs to be a change.

I'm not saying I don't believe him when he says he was unaware of the problems (ie, he may not be directly responsible for them), but I'm saying it's a matter of accountability - put simply- he's the boss, and we're talking about major issues over the course of several years, not just one isolated incident.

It's the "buck stop here" mentality that has gone the way of the dodo.

Anan can shrug his shoulders and claim he wasn't aware of this problem or that irregularity, but ultimately, he's in charge, it's his job to know.  And if there is a multitude of serious problems like what the UN has endured under his watch, there needs to be a change. 

I'm not saying I don't believe him when he says he was unaware of the problems (ie, he may not be directly responsible for them), but I'm saying it's a matter of accountability - put simply- he's the boss, and we're talking about major issues over the course of several years, not just one isolated incident.

296890[/snapback]

Ok then, why did you vote no for him to resign? I'm confused, no disrespect Camp.........

Oil-For-Food

Haiti

Congo

Sudan

North Korea

etc.

FOX Thingy

296609[/snapback]

the UN has pretty much turned into an organization devoted to filling the void of opposition that was left when the USSR crumbled. what does it matter who heads it? don't get me wrong......I voted for his resignation. he should go, and take the whole UN with him. let them meet somewhere else if they're going to devote themselves to opposing the US at every turn while using policy decisions to line their and their family members' pockets.

Ok then, why did you vote no for him to resign? I'm confused, no disrespect Camp.........

296912[/snapback]

No offense taken- It's just semantics, but I don't think he shouldn't be offered the opportunity to resign, he should be sh---canned.

No offense taken- It's just semantics, but I don't think he shouldn't be offered the opportunity to resign, he should be sh---canned.

296920[/snapback]

Well, it may be academic that he’ll be offered the post again. This man should be put on trial. It obvious that he’s had his fingers in things that he shouldn’t have. Eh?

FWIW- I voted no, but only on a matter of semantics.  He should have been relieved of his responsibilities a year and a half ago.

296704[/snapback]

What this says to me is that he was promoted to his level of incompetence.....maybe its not all his fault, maybe he's a good man.

Get a guy in there who will get the job done!