AP Preason Top 25 - Clemson #1 for first time ever

YoloinOhio

I am thrilled that Clemson was ranked #1, and I imagine Coach Saban is as well.

Clemson is still stacked and their QB is great but they did lose their incredibly talented front 4.

I think that in the end the #1 team will be the team that stays healthy at key positions. This would give an advantage to Clemson because of their weak schedule.

Edited by Bill from NYC

3 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

I am thrilled that Clemson was ranked #1, and I imagine Coach Saban is as well.

Clemson is still stacked and their QB is great but they did lose their incredibly talented front 4.

I think that in the end the #1 team will be the team that stays healthy at key positions. The would give an advantage to Clemson because of their weak schedule.

...seeing quite a bit about 'Bama's NFL WR gang (multiple).....is it accurate and should we look hard and long in 2020 at one?.................

15 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...seeing quite a bit about 'Bama's NFL WR gang (multiple).....is it accurate and should we look hard and long in 2020 at one?.................

Maybe I am partial but I think that it is the best group of receivers ever on one college team. As I said, if a college age Foster was on this team he would be our 5th or even 6th receiver.

Ruggs and Waddle might be the fastest kids in the NCAA. Some place Jeudy in the top 5 in round 1 in 2020.  I saw a mock that had him going at #2. Devonta Smith is a perfectly coordinated wr with great moves and hands. He makes catches while fully horizontal look easy. Metchie, a true freshman, led the squad in receiving yards in the A game.

Of course, they need to stay healthy.

If you have time, check them out on 8/31 and let me know what you think.

6 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Maybe I am partial but I think that it is the best group of receivers ever on one college team. As I said, if a college age Foster was on this team he would be our 5th or even 6th receiver.

Ruggs and Waddle might be the fastest kids in the NCAA. Some place Jeudy in the top 5 in round 1 in 2020.  I saw a mock that had him going at #2. Devonta Smith is a perfectly coordinated wr with great moves and hands. He makes catches while fully horizontal look easy. Metchie, a true freshman, led the squad in receiving yards in the A game.

Of course, they need to stay healthy.

If you have time, check them out on 8/31 and let me know what you think.

...I had read about them and thought WTF?.....a/k/a who and how many?......logically what would be your list as far as where Bflo may be picking and who the pick may be....assuming that many of these kids go in the 1st, but I depend on your expertise because I don't get to watch college ball....thanks bro.......:thumbsup:...

10 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...I had read about them and thought WTF?.....a/k/a who and how many?......logically what would be your list as far as where Bflo may be picking and who the pick may be....assuming that many of these kids go in the 1st, but I depend on your expertise because I don't get to watch college ball....thanks bro.......:thumbsup:...

I am all but sure Jeudy will be gone when we pick. Ruggs would be a great fit because he can fly and Allen has the arm to make circus throws and reach him. Imo Jaylen Waddle will be a superstar but he is just a sophomore.

I happen to really like Davonta Smith. He is a bit taller and as I said, he seems perfectly coordinated.  I believe Smith will be there if the Bills want him because make no mistake; there are very good wideouts on other teams. Clemson and Oklahoma each have one and there are others.

This is the best draft I can remember for receivers, and it seems all but certain that the Bills will draft one. It makes complete sense. I just hope that they all stay healthy.

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

I am all but sure Jeudy will be gone when we pick. Ruggs would be a great fit because he can fly and Allen has the arm to make circus throws and reach him. Imo Jaylen Waddle will be a superstar but he is just a sophomore.

I happen to really like Davonta Smith. He is a bit taller and as I said, he seems perfectly coordinated.  I believe Smith will be there if the Bills want him because make no mistake; there are very good wideouts on other teams. Clemson and Oklahoma each have one and there are others.

This is the best draft I can remember for receivers, and it seems all but certain that the Bills will draft one. It makes complete sense. I just hope that they all stay healthy.

...thanks!...much appreciated.........:thumbsup:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.