Fecking stuck rotors MRARGH

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

WD-40 and a rubber mallet!

‘Never take a knife to a gunfight’.  4 lb. hammer, minimum.  Preferably a designed puller as well, and anti seizing compound on reassembly (rotor to hub mating points).  So we’re not having this thread again in 30k miles.

@Gugnykeep pushing your luck buddy

16 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

‘Never take a knife to a gunfight’.  4 lb. hammer, minimum.  Preferably a designed puller as well, and anti seizing compound on reassembly (rotor to hub mating points).  So we’re not having this thread again in 30k miles.

Used bolts. Popped those bad boys off like a boss!

Edited by Joe in Winslow

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

What have I done?!?!  I'm trying to help AND looking out for your safety!

Besides the rubber mallet having little effect on a persnickety rotor, there’s the chance it rebounds, and smacks you in your grill.  (not the car’s)

7 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Tapped holes for wheel bolts in the rotors, I take it?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

2 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Besides the rubber mallet having little effect on a persnickety rotor, there’s the chance it rebounds, and smacks you in your grill.  (not the car’s)

Tapped holes for wheel bolts in the rotors, I take it?

Holes were there in the rotors. Utilized them for their intended purpose. About three turns and crrrrrack, problem solved

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Holes were there in the rotors. Utilized them for their intended purpose. About three turns and crrrrrack, problem solved

I’ve noticed manufacturers becoming a bit wiser over the years regarding such features. Few things more frustrating than lying on your side in the driveway with a four pounder, trying to get a seized drum or rotor to break free.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I’ve noticed manufacturers becoming a bit wiser over the years regarding such features. Few things more frustrating than lying on your side in the driveway with a four pounder, trying to get a seized drum or rotor to break free.

Ranks right up there with watching the Bills over past few decades. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Yep, when stuck, the bolt through to the hub is the answer. 

Be sure you also wire brush the hub and wheel clean, as well as the old (if reusing, which is fine) pad hardware. 

Lube up those clips and glide pins, take your time, and enjoy a proper brake job at a 1/4 of the cost of taking it somewhere and them f*&%$ng it up.

• Like (+1) 1

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 10:31 AM, Joe in Winslow said:

Need an outlet for inner rage? Stuck rotors are great for that. FERRRRRRRRK

Heat them, the hotter the better. As the cool you can hear them pop off.