Chris Wade - muffs the handoff, but my God, what explosiveness

16 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I just looked all over for the official rules and a few articles as well as reporters on Twitter have contradictory reports on it. From reading numerous articles on it, it seems, but I have never seen official NFL statement about it that a bunch of guys trained and tried out for scouts. At that time they could have been signed as free agents. If they weren't, and I don't think any were this time, they are put into the Pathway Program and if the Bills decide to use the 11th spot they don't have to waive him and no one can poach him and he cannot play.

In no article from the NFL or legit source did it ever mention even a chance of making the 53. It seems that Wade cannot play this year no matter what. That doesn't make sense to me, but a lot of these articles over the last three years said same thing. Once in that program he's only eligible for PS and ineligible to play at all this year. 

That would be odd not to let him on a 53-man roster.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Doc said:

That would be odd not to let him on a 53-man roster.

Tim Graham, who is pretty knowledgeable even if you don't like him, said in his Athletic article that he can be on the roster and play, has to be waived, other teams can then sign him, and if not then he can be on PS as 11th. 

That's what I thought and makes sense. But the NFL articles imply otherwise. Of course the Nfl is dumb all the time despite being most successful league in any sport. 

• Like (+1) 1

Another one for our new British friends, or at least for our rugby fans:  what kind of salary would a guy like Wade be making playing for Wasps? I saw some references to the possible draw of an NFL salary, which would strike me as strange given that he'd be coming in at the bottom in the NFL, but if rugby stars don't earn all that much that would be understandable.

49 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Another one for our new British friends, or at least for our rugby fans:  what kind of salary would a guy like Wade be making playing for Wasps? I saw some references to the possible draw of an NFL salary, which would strike me as strange given that he'd be coming in at the bottom in the NFL, but if rugby stars don't earn all that much that would be understandable.

A top class international Rugby player will make about £500,000 a year ($600,000). Wade was, for reasons of perceived poor defensive ability, never rated by the England head coach, hence only one cap. So he would have been on about £350,000 ($420,000).

But he didn't make the switch just for money. His girlfriend lives in New York.

Edited by bargepole

29 minutes ago, bargepole said:

A top class international Rugby player will make about £500,000 a year ($600,000). Wade was, for reasons of perceived poor defensive ability, never rated by the England head coach, hence only one cap. So he would have been on about £350,000 ($420,000).

Thanks for that. Last I checked guys on PS make minimum of about $125,000. Some guys can make up to $500k or so and even more than draft picks but it's rare. 

10 hours ago, bargepole said:

Thanks bargepole. That's a lot to give up for NFL dreams (or a girl)