Kraftwerk to tour US in 2005

Most of you probably care little, but Kraftwerk announced 6 new US dates:

Mon 05/30/2005, 9.30 Club, Washington DC

Tue 05/31/2005, 9.30 Club, Washington DC

Wed 06/01/2005, Hammerstein, New York NY

Fri 06/03/2005, State Theatre, Detroit MI

Sat 06/04/2005, Riviera, Chicago IL

Mon 06/06/2005, Greek Theatre, Los Angeles CA

The are promoting a new double CD/double DVD of last years tour. It's not what one would think of as a rock show, but it's quite a spectacle. Kraftwerk has influenced much of popular music in the last 33 years. They are the grandaddies of electronic pop!

PTR

I love German Techno!  Is Kraftwerk who sung "Zombie Nation"?  Great song!

295524[/snapback]

Nope...Zombie Nation was done by KERNKRAFT 400, not Kraftwerk. But on the Sprockets bit, the "music" they danced to at the end was a Kraftwerk song sped up to 45rpm!

PTR

They were pretty decent @ Coachella last year. A buddy of mine is into them and got me to check them out there. Total sprockets. But good times. Their website is painful on the eyes tho, never understood making a site so "cool" that it's borderline useless. (i.e. Radiohead). Must be a European band thing.

Most of you probably care little, but Kraftwerk announced 6 new US dates:

Mon 05/30/2005, 9.30 Club, Washington DC

Tue 05/31/2005, 9.30 Club, Washington DC

Wed 06/01/2005, Hammerstein, New York NY

Fri 06/03/2005, State Theatre, Detroit MI

Sat 06/04/2005, Riviera, Chicago IL

Mon 06/06/2005, Greek Theatre, Los Angeles CA

The are promoting a new double CD/double DVD of last years tour.  It's not what one would think of as a rock show, but it's quite a spectacle.  Kraftwerk has influenced much of popular music in the last 33 years.  They are the grandaddies of electronic pop!

PTR

295505[/snapback]

You mean they aren't in prison?-They should be for that crap that they inflicted on us in the 70s. They got booed off the stage once at i think it was shea's--or whatever that other theater was in buffalo back then.

You mean they aren't in prison?-They should be for that crap that they inflicted on us in the 70s. They got booed off the stage once at i think it was shea's--or whatever that other theater was in buffalo back then.

295691[/snapback]

Yeah I was there! Actually it was the old Century theatre in 1975. Some doofus thought booking Sparks as an opening act would be a good idea. For those who don't know, Sparks was a manic Queen-like band with a castratto for a lead vocalist, and his brother played piano, wore a Hitler moustache, and never moved.

Anyway it took over an hour for Kraftwerk to go on because of equipment problems. They weren't booed off the stage, but there were only 20 left in the building when they finished.

Trust me they are a lot better these days.

PTR

295691[/snapback]

I'm not sure what people expected that they would pay to see Kraftwerk and then boo them.

I haven't seen a band get booed off the stage yet, but my Dad (I swear he has a million concert stories) told me about seeing Mothers Finest get booed off the stage at the Aud once. :huh: Concerts back in the 70's sound like they were 1000x better than now.

Yeah I was there!  Actually it was the old Century theatre in 1975.  Some doofus thought booking Sparks as an opening act would be a good idea.  For those who don't know, Sparks was a manic Queen-like band with a castratto for a lead vocalist, and his brother played piano, wore a Hitler moustache, and never moved.

Anyway it took over an hour for Kraftwerk to go on because of equipment problems.  They weren't booed off the stage, but there were only 20 left in the building when they finished.

PTR

295897[/snapback]

Hey I was at the Century, too. It was a pretty cool show - if you like that German mechanical type of music.

In 1976, I worked at the Moog synthesizer factory, so I guess those things work together, eh?

Hey I was at the Century, too. It was a pretty cool show - if you like that German mechanical type of music.

In 1976, I worked at the Moog synthesizer factory, so I guess those things work together, eh?

296537[/snapback]

This is waaaaaay too strange.I was at that show too!!..lol--I remember now that SPARKS opened the show---they were great.Then Kraftwerk came on....listening to them was like some special kind of torture.They werent quite booed off stage--but there were a lot of funny heckles going on---and its true most of the place was emptied out after about 20-30 minutes...

Yeah I was there!  Actually it was the old Century theatre in 1975.  Some doofus thought booking Sparks as an opening act would be a good idea.  For those who don't know, Sparks was a manic Queen-like band with a castratto for a lead vocalist, and his brother played piano, wore a Hitler moustache, and never moved.

Anyway it took over an hour for Kraftwerk to go on because of equipment problems.  They weren't booed off the stage, but there were only 20 left in the building when they finished.

PTR

295897[/snapback]

I saw Sparks at The Century Theatre somewhere around 1977-1978, but I don't remember who else was on the bill. It definitely wasn't Kraftwerk. I think it might have been Ambrosia or The Tubes.

It would be great to be able to access a web site that listed dates, venues, and acts for all concerts from "back in the day". It's kind of hard at this point to put together a timeline.

Where was the Century Theatre? As many times as I went there, I can't remember what street it was on. I also remember the neon Century sign from the marque being in some local bar after the theatre was closed. Don't remember what bar either. This must be my brain's way of deleting files. It's all beocming a big haze.