Kraftwerk to tour US in 2005

Where was the Century Theatre? As many times as I went there, I can't remember what street it was on. 

297117[/snapback]

The Century Theatre was on Main Street. There was a side entrance on W.Mohawk and also a rear entrance on Washington. Some of the concerts I remember going to there were:

Lynyrd Skynyrd/Charlie Daniels in 1975

Rush/Mahogony Rush/ Max Webster in 1977/78?

The Tubes

Cheap Trick/REO Shitwagon

I know there were others, but the memory is fading.

The Century Theatre was on Main Street. There was a side entrance on W.Mohawk and also a rear entrance on Washington. Some of the concerts I remember going to there were:

Lynyrd Skynyrd/Charlie Daniels in 1975

Rush/Mahogony Rush/ Max Webster in 1977/78?

The Tubes

Cheap Trick/REO Shitwagon

I know there were others, but the memory is fading.

297321[/snapback]

They used to have Refer Madness night there on Fridays. They'd show the old movie. The second they dimmed the lights you'd see about 400 lighters ignite. :blush:

They used to have Refer Madness night there on Fridays. They'd show the old movie. The second they dimmed the lights you'd see about 400 lighters ignite.  :blush:

297387[/snapback]

The good old days.

There's no dought in my mind that the Mike Myers bit on SNL "Sprockets" is based on these fellas.

http://www.kraftwerk.com/

Go to the photos section

Jeff

297445[/snapback]

Mike Myers said Sprockets was based on an actual West German late-night avant garde TV show. Dieter was not far from reality. Kraftwerk definitely reflects that same mentality. But that's who they are...like you don't go to a Lynyrd Skynyrd show to hear lesbian folk songs.

PTR