Astronotes from 7/31

10 hours ago, Gugny said:

When I read Astro's notes/summaries, it reminds me of how I feel when I listen to baseball on the radio.  The good ones (the Mets have good ones) paint the picture so clearly, it's as if you were there.  From the colors of the uniforms, to how high a player has his pant legs pulled up, to the color of the sky ... I love it.  LOVE IT.  And Astro is able to pull it off in the written word.

I'll never get sick of reading these.

Yes, he has a talent.  

Segue to the worst radio description I ever heard.  Broadcaster Phil Stone had been a TV broadcaster and joined the SF Giants radio team.  His call: “Here’s the pitch. Centerfielder is under it. Two outs.”

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Its to bad they cant win with the good pitchers they have.  They need to go ahead and send deGrom across town this offseason so that his talent isnt wasted.?

6 in a row, baby.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ColeB said:

Yes, he has a talent.  

Segue to the worst radio description I ever heard.  Broadcaster Phil Stone had been a TV broadcaster and joined the SF Giants radio team.  His call: “Here’s the pitch. Centerfielder is under it. Two outs.”

Yeah, man.  Bad live sports radio is bad.  That's why I mentioned the Mets and not the Bills, LOL.