Prime Day 2019

/dev/null

3 hours ago, shrader said:

Yolo bought one spying device and got one free!

And before anyone asks, I have two of those spying devices in my house.  It's not high on my list of concerns.

We have a bunch of the Google ones, I have nothing to hide, and I really doubt I'm important enough to be spied on. Yet everyone claiming they are for spying have cell phones and internet access that's basically doing the same thing......

• Like (+1) 1

We get stuff delivered. Every. Single. Day. 

Wife’s a busy girl, and she likes what she likes. No time for shopping.  Zappos doesn’t mind her shoe shopping, apparently. We are trading retail jobs for UPS jobs. I’m at the UPS store almost weekly returning stuff, no biggie. Far easier to drop off than “shop”. 

I have a pair of K-Swiss shoes on the way. I know the shoe, and I know I’m an 11.5, but I can’t find it in a retail setting. I’ve also got some Demi-glacé on the way, Whole Foods has spotty availability and it’s tiny and hard to find.....except on-line. It’s smarter, often cheaper and far easier to get on-line. The world is changing. 

8 hours ago, shrader said:

I'm convinced there are only two reasons for this so called event:

1. Inventory reduction (aka: getting rid of crap)

2. Getting Amazon's monitoring equipment into as many homes as possible

I think maybe a third reason is making money.

14 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I think maybe a third reason is making money.

Of course, but listing that would be like including "breathing" on your daily to-do list.

23 hours ago, shrader said:

I'm convinced there are only two reasons for this so called event:

1. Inventory reduction (aka: getting rid of crap)

2. Getting Amazon's monitoring equipment into as many homes as possible

Is that why my fire stick remote with the listening device goes through a 20 pack of batteries a week?