Travel Channel goes to Buffalo

In two weeks, MADE IN AMERICA is profiling Alcas (maker of CutCo and K-Bar knives) in Olean. They filmed the piece back in the fall. It should be on Tuesday April 19th at 9 or 10 PM.

They did Zippo a while ago, so the Southern Tier/Northern PA area is getting good play.

I'll tell you what, i think i've seen a derivative of that piece like 300 times before either on the travel channel, discovery, or food network. Either way, it shows buffalo in a fine light with pilot field being full of people, the anchor bar, and even a 1/2 second clip of ANTOWAIN SMITH (!?!?!?) plowing over a raider and a 1/2 second clip of a buffalo sabre scoring (sorry, couldn't get the name). It was most definitely a rehash, but it was still cool to see some buffalo landmarks in a good light.

You know - all the years I lived in WNY I didn't actually hear of an official "Chicken Wing Festival".  Is there one?

296189[/snapback]

I am pretty sure there are two wing festivals now. One is at Pilot Field. I'm not sure about the other.

Either way...neither holds a candle to the Taste Of Buffalo. For those ex-WNY'ers, you need to schedule your visit back home during the Taste of Buffalo for a summer afternoon of eating, drinking(Labatt Blue :blush: ) and entertainment.

http://www.tasteofbuffalo.com/

Crap Eating Monkey...your humor is so worth logging out of your regular acct and into this one...keep the good work.... :blush:

297432[/snapback]

Honestly, I do not see much of a difference between this account and the regular account used for posting, in terms of the content.

Stripes and spots change, but latency remains and is detectable.

297506[/snapback]

No matter how hard you try to keep the alias different from the regular account, the more you post with it, the more it becomes like the original.

Great memories.  And yes - the best "Taste Of" compared to the other cities I've lived in.

297217[/snapback]

I'm looking forward to trying the Buffalo taste out. Does anyone know the specific dates? I think Chicago might have about the best Tastes in the country, but you can't go wrong with all that Buffalo food :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...