Bills ranked 19th best fan base

On 6/25/2019 at 9:37 AM, hondo in seattle said:

Dr. Lewis's methodology is just plain wrong.  As ddaryl points out,  Fan Equity, Social Equity, and Road Equity don't measure the right things.  And to add to ddaryl's criticisms, how well a team draws on the road has little to do with the team's fans.  People go to Pats games when they're on the road for many reasons other than they're Pats fans. 

If I were to rank NFL fans, I'd try to measure two unmeasureable traits: loyalty and mania.

Loyalty - How much do fans support the team in bad years?   Do the fans stay loyal to their team when circumstances change (place of residence, marriage, etc)?

Mania - How rabid are  the fans?  How emotionally invested?   How loud and crazy?

I can't objectively prove my point but my subjective impression is that the Bills mafia rates high in both areas.  

During the past decade the Bills continually finished in the bottom 3rd, sometimes very low in % of capacity attending games. When the team stunk, people stayed home.

1 minute ago, Another Fan said:

Steelers #4 and Browns #27 per that list.  Browns fans are better than Steelers 

They are BOTH better than Cheaters* fans. Brady gets crippled, Billy retires....and they go into the gutter. Where is the following then? They move on to Celtics, Sox, etc. The “national” Pats* fans disappear. 

13 hours ago, klos63 said:

During the past decade the Bills continually finished in the bottom 3rd, sometimes very low in % of capacity attending games. When the team stunk, people stayed home.

So if you take away half the seats that automatically makes fan support more?  Not sure why NFL has not thought about this having twice as many teams in stadiums half as large. 

Size of stadiums has to be factored in this not just percentage. Some large urban teams are basically sold out even if people do not show up.

10 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

So if you take away half the seats that automatically makes fan support more?  Not sure why NFL has not thought about this having twice as many teams in stadiums half as large. 

Size of stadiums has to be factored in this not just percentage. Some large urban teams are basically sold out even if people do not show up.

I was responding to the comment that Bills fans still show when the team isn't good. Unfortunately, we have a large sample to look over. When the team plays poorly, fewer people show up.

The Bills have the same number of seats available each season. They have a lower attendance during lean years. It's a fact.