High School Graduation Speech

12 hours ago, Augie said:

Here’s another idea......don’t have kids you can’t afford. Don’t buy houses you can’t afford. Don’t blame the banks. I was a banker for decades. We didn’t lie, cheat or steal, but people borrowing from us often did to get what they wanted. 

I am happy to hear you did not work for Bank of America.

11 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Did you see where she mentioned they failed her on scholarships?

And fair enough.  On last part.   Yet, you were compensated well.   People need to move.  Pick up their two feet and out of the high priced environment.  That's the one thing we got going here.

My eyes almost bugged out when I seen a dump going for $960k... That must be a wrong picture.  That looks like $60k here.

Anyway... She did well following the POTUS strategy of blasting off the cuff.  Sadly, she will go far, this stuff sells.

I am not sure what the Puker of The US but please take it to the Puke, more Puke and even more Puke forum.

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

We have a difference in opinion that won't be reconciled. I do believe in decorum. In my view certain behavior may be appropriate in one setting but not necessarily in another. That adjustment to the setting and situation doesn't translate into compromising one's principles. It falls within the realm of civility. Some people believe that it is acceptable to shout down a speaker with whom you disagree with. I don't. What I find bothersome is that there is a self-centered mind-set that crimps the expression of others. You might find that liberating while I find it to be stifling. If you want to expand the circle you do it by respectfully engaging with people you disagree with. Subduing them gets you nowhere other than intensifying the passions. 

We just simply disagree on this issue. 

I believe in decorum too.  But sadly we have crossed the Rubicon. There is no going back. The proof, results are in the pudding.

When in Rome, do as the Romans.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

My world isn’t collapsing because a kid made a speech 

if anyone can remember much of anything said in that bloody boring speech at their convocations, even a week later it would be very rare

• Like (+1) 1